Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i kinda need help

Options
  • 13-08-2005 10:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭

okay, i was doing this camp thing. it was the last day and one of the guys (who is gay) said he thought i was fit. im bi (i think) and someone from my school was there so i just said "are you sure your looking at the right person?"
    and i feel like i should have said somthing else.
    can any1 help?
    oh and im 14 but nearly 15, and no i dont want to meet someone from online so dont ask.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭oneweb

If you're still in touch with him, ask him if he meant what he said. You like him? If so, suggest you go for a drink (of the non-alcoholic type). If not, forget about it. Life's too short to worry about "should have said"s and "should have done"s.

Don't worry, it'll happen lots more so you'll soon get used to reading other people :) (I'm still crap at it!)

It is what it's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭crazy_dude6662

thanks, im trying to get his number of someone. also i was wonderin if someone says your fit what do ya say, it was a bit of an akward moment when everyone was staring at me to see what id say.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

You were probably best not answering while your schoolmate was there. Having a reputation spread around about you being gay at that age while you're in school would probably not have been good for you.

Have you anymore contact with this person? Ask if he wants to meet to go to the cinema or something?

no, i dont have contact with him, im tryin to get his number, but i can get hold of the person who has it

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Get hold of the number, drop him a text, say "Hi, do you remember me, I'm X" and see where it goes from there..you don't have to "say" anything in particular, just have a conversation and see if he brings it up again. If he does, take it from there - as Stark says, you can always meet at the cinema etc, and see how it goes.

• Advertisement

thanks for all your help
    any1 else have any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Tiffany

okay, i was doing this camp thing.
    Pardon the pun! :p

Anyway, if you do get his number just remind him who you are and apologise for being rude to him and that you were in an awkward situation. I'm sure he'll understand.

Won't that open him up to

"Why was it an awkward situation?"
    "Well, uhm ..."

:)

Just leave it at the "sorry for being rude" bit, you don't even need to apologise really.

would it be considered rude?, i guess i did kinda make a joke out of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

What do you want out of the guy. Freindship, relationship? Answer this before you make a move.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

LiouVille wrote:
    What do you want out of the guy. Freindship, relationship? Answer this before you make a move.

Yes and answer it here. And check your spelling. And we want it in double spaced type. Written copies must be sent to the moderators in triplicate and signed in blood.

I don't know if you're agreeing or not. I was merely making the point that just because the guy thinks you're hot/fit/fla whatever doesn't mean you want to be with him. It's hard passing up something that handed to you like that. Especially if you know very few other LGB people. But you have to ask is it right for you, do you need a lover or a friend.

i would go with freind first and see if i get along with him properly, then who knows?

Aye that's a good idea.

Then you haven't messed up anything tbh. Laughing it off was the best you could do. Try to arrange to go do something between you, him and your mutual friend. A sport maybe, whats he into?

rugby thats really all i kno, he was only at the camp for 2 days, i think he does like me cos he kept checking me out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭tonyinuae

By the way - all you said was 'I think you're looking at the wrong person' - that could just be interpreted as modesty, nothing to feel guilty about. Like 'Aw, shucks! (blush)' You know? If it was me, that wouldn't put me off at all, I'd feel encouraged!

oh, i didnt think off that!

Seriously wouldn't stress it. He likes you, probably found it cute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭tonyinuae

Let's face it, he's probably wild about you! :)

• Advertisement

yay! pity i still havnt gotten his number, the girl who has it never has her phone on! arrgh so fustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well i couldnt get his number, does anyone know where to meet gay teens? other than support groups and the like, for people who havnt come out to there parents

Advertisement