Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

123.ie mmmmmm

Options
  • 13-08-2005 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

123.ie seem to be offering insurance on "any car" up to 3litres for 1100euro with some terms any sonditions...........over 25 with full no claims!! I'm 24 now with 4 yrs no claims so i'm counting down the days!!!!was gona gona get an integra type R for my 25th not any more prehaps a supra twin turbo :D anyone any good or bad points about supras pr any other reccomendations????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭wailers_irl

sorry it was over 25 OR 5yrs no claims!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Surely there has to be more conditions that that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

You qualify if...

* You are at least 25 years old OR if under 25 hold a 5 year No Claims Bonus
    * Your car is valued at less than €100,000 with an engine size of less than 3,000cc
    * You have no convictions other than parking offences and up to 2 penalty points
    * You have made no more than 2 claims in the past 5 years totalling less than €20,000
    * You hold a full driving licence (add €400 to premium for a provisional licence)

If the above statements apply to you then your premium is a remarkable €1,123

"So what's the catch ?"
    This policy has a higher claims excess than some competing policies, €2,000 for Females and €4,000 for Males.
    "No matter what I drive ?"
    Whether it's a Porsche or a Peugeot, a Mercedes or a Mini, just as long as it's valued at less than €100,000 with an engine size of 3,000cc or less and registered in your name, the premium is fixed.
    "And if I've had claims ?"
    Once there are no more than two claims in the past 5 years and the total doesn't exceed €20,000 then you pay €1,123. Failing that, we can still offer you a quote, simply give us a call.
    "How soon can I go on cover ?"
    We can arrange cover immediately over the phone, just have your credit card details handy, we require a €225 deposit

thats incredible,
    over 25 OR 5 yrs no claims,
    over 25 and you only have to have claimed less than 20000eu :D

4000 exceesss though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭IrishRover

They're taking advantage if the fact that people have been conditioned to think that €1,123 is cheap for insurance.
    Huge excess too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

IrishRover wrote:
    They're taking advantage if the fact that people have been conditioned to think that €1,123 is cheap for insurance.
    Huge excess too.

well its cheaper than anything I've payed. I'm on 2 yrs ncb, 4 yrs no claims named driver and paying just under 2k. I'd be seriously temped to go up the power band with this insurance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,401 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Yes saw it in the national papers a few months ago. It is indeed the excess that lets them bring the premium down. Not bad at all if you're 25 and have made a couple of claims in the past and therefore have no NCB

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

IrishRover wrote:
    Huge excess too.
    so its not cheap?
    some sort of trick of the eye?

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

its cheap so long as you dont need it have an accident and it'll cost you a nice sum of your money its a con in my opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭IrishRover

No it isn't. It's just cheaper than what you're used to.
    With that kind of excess they're tapping into the market that just need a disc on the windscreen. Clever move alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭boardsee

Its a load of bull****e. My friend is using it to insure hisType R integra, and as he doesnt meet the 25 age criteria, (hes 23) they want E2500 off him for the policy and still E4000 excess. Its crazy, fookin extortion.

All insurance companies shouild be closed down, and it should become a state run non-profit setup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

peterk19 wrote:
    its cheap so long as you dont need it have an accident and it'll cost you a nice sum of your money its a con in my opinion

So the con is that only those that claim on their insurance end up paying huge amounts?

Funny, I thought the idea that people who drive for years without claiming a penny having to fork over huge premiums was a con.

boardsee wrote:
    Its a load of bull****e. My friend is using it to insure hisType R integra, and as he doesnt meet the 25 age criteria, (hes 23) they want E2500 off him for the policy and still E4000 excess. Its crazy, fookin extortion.

So presumably he doesn't have 5 years NCB either.

nope, has 3yrs ncb.
    Its extortion. Its not insurance at all, if his car is worth E13000, and say it was stolen/whatever,,, he`d be down the 4grand excess, and the 2500 he paid for what exactly?To get him 7500?

It`s alright for rich people with super cars worth 50/60grand that can afford the 4grand risk.

boardsee wrote:
    nope, has 3yrs ncb.
    Its extortion. Its not insurance at all, if his car is worth E13000, and say it was stolen/whatever,,, he`d be down the 4grand excess, and the 2500 he paid for what exactly?To get him 7500?

It`s alright for rich people with super cars worth 50/60grand that can afford the 4grand risk.

Paying high 4 figure premiums is also alright for the rich but that's the society we live in.

I agree that for a robbery claim the excess would be hard to swallow however for crash claims I think that a high excess for all policies might just improve the stupid and dangerous driving that is so common here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭CCOVICH

I think I would be interested in this (I'm paying €1700 FC on a 1392cc Almera at the moment-male, 25, nearly 2 years NCB), so if I can get a better car for the same or less insurance then why not? The €4,000 excess is steep, but my attitude to car insurance is that I have it because I am required by law, not because I think I will need it, so I should be able to live with the €4k excess.

What I do wonder is whether your premium will be €1,123 every year, i.e. AFAIK these guys don't operate a NCB discount scheme.

But I guess after a few years you would have built up a NCB that you could use to get a cheaper quote from another insurer (but if these guys don't give you a NCB certificate, what do you show another insurer-would a cert/statement stating that you hadn't made any claims in the past X years suffice?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Chaz

Just got quoted E1004 on a M3 3200cc ..... Damn - not sure what the changes are - but im impressed.

Age 32 - Full license for < 1 year - no NCB yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Delta_ie

read about this in some paper a while back and the ncb system is not used with the policy so if you take the offer after so many years( there is a number but can't remember) your ncb will be lost because you were outside the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

boardsee wrote:

All insurance companies shouild be closed down, and it should become a state run non-profit setup.

a: Are you suggesting that even though he doesn't meet the clearly stated criteria they are being sneaky or devious by not offering him the advertised deal?

b: If he doesn't want to pay so much for insurance he'll have to either get older or get a different car.

The €4k excess might actually be a good thing to get some of the muppets off our roads. All they will see is the chance to get insurance on whatever rice rocket floats their boat, for €20 odd per week so the rest of their money can go on neon lights and f*ckin' flyin' stickers. They will of course fail to see that each year they need >€5k to be fully covered. They'll mill their cars and find that, without the €4k excess they can't get back on the roads (fingers crossed).

Even though you don't accumulate any NCB under this scheme, if you crash you don't qualify when your insurance is up for renewal the following year so you're back to calling companies and brokers who probably won't be too interested when you (have to) inform them of your crash the previous year.

They have you every way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

do they issue a NCB under this scheme for each year of claims free driving, if thye do it isnt too bad, if u are a bit of a gambler :D u can always switch out after a year when/if u have ur NCB.

i got a policy with direct line in the uk , and it was a bonus accelerator. basically the first year u are with them they give u a 2 YEAR NO CLAIMS BONUS CERTIFICATE, even though u are only there a year claims free with no prior experiance.
    u can use this cert with any company in europe :D

boardsee wrote:

surprised he can get a quote on a type R, i'm 234 with 3yrs no claims an my company (quinn Driect) wouldnt even quote me for a 1.6 integra!!!!
    personally I'm gona take my chances with the HUGE excess!!!

• Advertisement

24yrs old not 234 yrs old! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

surprised he can get a quote on a type R, i'm 234 with 3yrs no claims an my company (quinn Driect) wouldnt even quote me for a 1.6 integra!!!!
    personally I'm gona take my chances with the HUGE excess!!!

just check that they give a NCB after a year and drive carefully and fit some kind of immobilisation to it, like a secret cut off...

: Are you suggesting that even though he doesn't meet the clearly stated criteria they are being sneaky or devious by not offering him the advertised deal?

No, im just pointing out the extortion amount the policy is. Its really 6500E :eek: :eek: :eek:

And then this lark of E2000 excess for girls, i mean ffs, theres no way girls are twice as safe as males, or males being twice as bad a s females,,,, whichever way you look at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,401 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

CCOVICH wrote:
    I'm paying €1700 FC on a 1392cc Almera at the moment-male, 25, nearly 2 years NCB

I take it you have a full license? If not, get it! If so, you're paying way over the odds. Next time when renewal comes up, ring ALL insurers and brokers
    boardsee wrote:
    And then this lark of E2000 excess for girls, i mean ffs, theres no way girls are twice as safe as males, or males being twice as bad a s females,,,, whichever way you look at it.

We've been through that discussion here a few weeks ago. Do a search. Synopsis:

Women cause more accidents than men but these accidents are not as costly. Men cause fewer accidents, but the accidents tend to be a lot more expensive, especially the ones caused by young males

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭CCOVICH

unkel wrote:
    I take it you have a full license? If not, get it! If so, you're paying way over the odds. Next time when renewal comes up, ring ALL insurers and brokers
    Oh I intend to. I only got full full licence 2 years ago, and had no prior experience/insurance (other than a few months here and there). Am trading up to a 1600cc Alfa 147 and idicative quotes suggest a premium of around €1200 (FC) when I renew at the end of September.

I doubt I was paying well over the odds for the past 1.9 years-I'm with Quinn, who are about as low as you can go for a young male?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

:confused:
    Me on a 1989 M3 (done this for the laugh) 23 years old no noclaims 3yrs full licence only 8000+ euro
    It gets better, if i was a year older only 6866 euro :D

Advertisement