Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man Utd vs. Everton(scores included)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

O'shea got an assist for one of the goals, he's on 9 points in fantasy premier league. Might work out to be a good first game for me, RVN scores and hopefully a clean sheet for VDS. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Stekelly wrote:
    O'shea got an assist for one of the goals, he's on 9 points in fantasy premier league. Might work out to be a good first game for me, RVN scores and hopefully a clean sheet for VDS. :)
    Its just like him you know he plays so badly in his actual role, but then he either pops up with a header or an assist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Top of the league baby, lets keep it that way all season :)
    3 points we dropped last season, not this season!

I am delighted , great start to the new season. We could have easily won by more today, but a goal from both our strikers is just fine. I think Everton played extremely well and had done not enough in the first half to test us, but seemingly they lost that will in the second half. The one thing about this game that brings a smile to my face is that ruud scored.

Looks like Everton are back to the cuddley mid table best friend we all know and love :)

I dont know about that you have to admit they played well today, although you are Liverpool fan so I suppose its understandable. I dont think Mr. Moyes has bought the right players at all, I don think arteta nor Simon Davies have ever impressed me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Stekelly wrote:
    Looks like Everton are back to the cuddley mid table best friend we all know and love :)
    Just like they were sure to be relegated after they lost to Arsenal on the first day of last season? :)
    Good performance by United, particularly in the second half. Great goal from Ruud, vintage stuff. Park also looked quite lively throughout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

Stekelly wrote:
    Although, they lost their 1st game last season 4-1 against Arsenal

Willem D wrote:
    I dont know about that you have to admit they played well today, although you are Liverpool fan so I suppose its understandable. I dont think Mr. Moyes has bought the right players at all, I don think arteta nor Simon Davies have ever impressed me.

I didnt see the match, I'm in work. hence the smiley. Everton fans relax. Light hearted banter, Anyway I'm just getting the first dig in before the "european champions me arse" comments come flooding in as soon as Liverpool drop a point.

• Advertisement

Oh right you missed a good game, but I think you as Liverpool are most certainly entitled to take the piss outta Everton LOL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

park had a great game hope he keeps it up

O shea :( dont get me started

Park has certainly got something about him, personally when he signed I thought he was simply bought just to sell shirts in Asia but he can play by the looks of him. O'Shea is woeful sometimes I just dont get him and the way he plays at all, he cant defend at all. Although when he plays in midfield he does seem to do better, Heinze is are only viable left back.

just so impressed by park
    looks like fergie has done it again in the transfer market
    nice one

O shea :( dont get me started
    Um....aren't you forgetting his assist?
    Plus, he seemed grand and solid at left back, and got forward well.

But thats the way with the git, he either gets the assist or the header. Btw he was terrible at left back today it was primarily his fault that cahill got a shot on goal in the first half which VDS saved.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Good game, United looked pretty strong as far as first game of the season goes. Park was very impressive, as was van the man and rooney has lost alot of weight, and seems to have gained some pace too. So happy to see such a great goalkeeper for united. I've loved Van De Saar for years. Reminds me of the Peter Schmeichel days.

Um....aren't you forgetting his assist?
    Plus, he seemed grand and solid at left back, and got forward well.
    what game were you watching

i totally agree with william D

Var de saar had a great game

its a big relieve when you have a great goalie which you can trust

Headshot its basically breaks down as this Necromonicon was assuring himself O'shea did well because he is Irish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

although u might be over critical of him so as not to appear to be giving him credit coz hes Irish. Lets just say he had an average game. He did get forward a few times plus got an assist and he did let cahill let a shot in. But if nobody got a shot in it would be a boring game.

Willem D wrote:
    Headshot its basically breaks down as this Necromonicon was assuring himself O'shea did well because he is Irish.
    Of course that was it, incidentally, Kevin Kilbane was my man of the match with Keane in at a close second:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Well I would agree then to disagree with the b man his game was average, I apologise Necro but thats how you were comin off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

O shea was very sloppy I thought, gave the ball away about 4/5 times very casually. He does get forward very well though and did more good than bad today so fair play to him.

Everton are lacking a creative player in my opinion, they have a good side apart from that, top 8 is very very doable again for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

The Yobo brain fart ruined the game (well, for Evertonians anyway I guess). At least Rooney's scored now, that was always the big thing about Utd games for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

just saw the highlights but what i saw i liked. rooney is off to a flyer this year. his improvement and rvn's goals will in themselves be like new signings.

Willem D wrote:
    Well I would agree then to disagree with the b man his game was average, I apologise Necro but thats how you were comin off.
    Not a bother! It's probably more of a United thing than an Ireland thing, I'm usually pretty defensive about United players in general. But I really did think he did grand in Heinze's absence. Although in parts last season I think he looked more comfortable in midfield rather than at left back. One standout performance for me was when we played 'boro in the F.A. Cup, he capped it off with a lovely goal too.

Well I support Man United and would call myself pretty die hard and I could see along with everyone else I was watching it with that John O'Shea was simply bad at left back, wheres as he had better game in the second half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Willem D wrote:
    Oh right you missed a good game, but I think you as Liverpool are most certainly entitled to take the piss outta Everton LOL.
    why exactly? :rolleyes:

Anyway.... I think Everton played well today and had united under pressure for most of the first half. They needed to get a goal with all that pressure they were applying but that ball just wouldn't go in... and of course united go up the other end and nick a bloody goal.. typical.

The looked like they were going to come out in the second half and give united a run for their money until yobo hemoraged for a brief second and passed the ball to rooney (perhaps he forgot he was transferred)... Yobo had a great game apart from that, and 'that pass' wasn't something that I'd expect from a player of yobo's calibre. Every tackle before and after that was inch perfect and he played a stormer... Hopefully he learns from his mistake.

I think the way in which the second goal was conceeded took the wind out of everton's sails. I couldn't see them coming back after that. They tried, but united just held onto the ball.

United played well and were looking good. Park is a good player who needs to get used a lot this season. Hopefully for his sake, he does get used and doesn't warm the bench.

And as for people claiming that everton 'are back to their mid-table rightful place'... grow up and analyse the football.... Their display today doesn't point to anything of the sort....

Advertisement