Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreaded maths

Options
  • 13-08-2005 1:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

i really dont know if i failed maths. every1 seems to be sayin they failed maths so thats giving me a bit of hope that hopefully they'll mark it easier. i need to know its driving me MAD! imagine opening up the envelope and seeing the result. i really think i failed it. please help me! im so afraid of ppl askin me how i done and saying i failed maths. it's not fair.
    after all those hours upon hours of hard frustrating work in a freezing study hall during evening study, and for what.......just hoping for a pass. it does not make sense, does it?
    i wudnt mind if i didnt do my maths homework at nite or didnt try to do well in class tests i wud deserve to fail but actually puttin in a HUGE amount of effort only to fail. it would just shatter me.
    i know there are many ppl out there in my position. please reply id like to hear you responses.
    more worried as the days slowly drift by.....................

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭the smiley one

aw, its ok! You are just torturing yourself with all this speculation, and you can't change it now...it's all done and dusted. Don't worry about "what will happen if"; live in the here and now and deal witht the stuff that you KNOW is happening. Cross that bridge when you come to it etc.

And I know it just tears you apart to think of all the effort you put into maths, but try and look to the future, mentally close that chapter of your life; to me, 6th year is a very distant, hazy memory...and thats how I want to keep it!

Listen, you need to take your mind off this whole "results" thing...What you should do is jam-pack the next few days goin out with friends/ work/ whatever....take up knitting if you want (!) but keep BUSY! Go and do crazy stuff that you've always wanted to do but just never have..make some memories!

And then you won't rememeber the results (if they are bad) as much, but the stuff that happened around that time...
    Hope that helps somewhat, and try and keep positive!

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭JCB

Did you attempt all or most of the questions? Well, if you did then you are fairly sure of passing. If you write anything half decent they give you 3 marks and you need 4 marks per question to pass and you're bound to have gotten a few questions right, so that will make up the difference. Besides, they can't have everyone failing or they get into trouble, so don't worry about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭pFd

thanks guys, that really did help. very quick too!! yeah i did attempt ALL the questions even though they probably really didnt make sense. the examiner has definitely seen that i did make a really good effort on all questions so hopefully he/she has rewarded me. i think i got all the part a's on paper rite and bout half the question b's but as for paper 2........well thats another story. i really honestly did try me very very best i couldnt have done any better so thats it.
    thanks very much guys and good luck to you's if you are waitin for results!
    hope these three days fly by. workin 8.30-5.30 monday and tuesday.

Although this mightn't be what you want to hear...

The leaving cert is over, and although it is impossible not to think about results right now, try your best to take your mind off things. You cannot do one thing right now, bar possibly sleeping with Mary Hanafin to change what results you're gonna get. And even then, nothing's definite.

Yeah, a lot of people will be over the moon, but a lot of other people are disappointed with their results. But who cares? If the worst happens, don't go off the deep end. You will always have options in this life, some of them are harder then others but in the end you can get what you want. You can get your first choice in college (like I did) and end up transferring and doing your 10th choice on your CAO (like I am right now). Life's odd like that.

So try and not think about Maths!

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭*Roisin*

I failed maths and I don't care! :D

As I found out this morning I don't need to pass it...wheeeee! *Delirious happiness!*

• Advertisement
Advertisement