Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IS the 6680 worth it?

• 13-08-2005 2:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭

Will it be worth me using a hefty proportion of my 18th birthday money to buy this phone on RTG? Is it big and bulky and awkward or do the features more than make up for the size?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

Its a great phone a defintly worth the money.Camera is great and the flash.Stereo mp3 player is top notch.Defintly worth getting this phone.It looks nice aswell and not bulky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I was using a 6630 yesterday and I was amazed by it and it didnt seem big but from the pictures I thought the 6680 looked bigger? Must have been wrong then. So it is worth the 369 euro then, yeah?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭dave oc

Yeah its definitely worth it, got it last month and i cant fault it. Also nokia have loads of cool features on the phone like real player and being able to print pictures straight from the phone. Get this phone, you wont have any regrets when you get it!

Does it fit neatly in your pocket and not weigh your pants down?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Haha :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Its not big in real life. Its nearly the same size as a 3220, about 8mm wider.

Anyone else have opinions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Well I just picked up a 6630 yest n i think its class... Never used a 3g type phone, was always a firm believer that a mobile is to make n take calls but the fact that i can hook it up to my pc and the amount of software on the net is class. In saying that, i wouldn't have paid the price for a new one.. Bit to much money, for that money id get a sony w800i. Better camera n a proper mp3 player in a phone. Tis what i'll be getting next when i get a few squid together. Will be ideal for me as i spend allot of time on the road n have all 3 devices in one package is brill...

Aye price is a bit steep but no-one seems to be selling them second hand and on eBay there are none that are locked to Vodafone (I like using Vodafone Live)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

Slurms wrote:
    no-one seems to be selling them second hand
    Actually I've seen a few threads on FS Mobiles selling 6680s, most of them were locked to Vodafone, which wouldn't be a problem for you surely.

• Advertisement

Yeah there was a few but they're sold now. Might just have to bight the bullet and pay full price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

I think you should get the 6630. I've got one, and it's an amazing phone! Does everything the 6680 does, except has one less camera (which you can do without for a few quid) and no flash, although a proper working night vision. It's got the same processor as the 6680, but the 6680 tries to do more, therefore slowing it down. I'll have a look for the link to back that up..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

graf1.gif

But I think I prefer the look of the 6680. Though that picture is quite interesting.

Advertisement