Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

your favourite big brother series?

Options
  • 13-08-2005 2:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭

mine was BB2. brian, paul and helen were brilliant. for me the rest haven't even come close to BB2.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

I only watched this one and even at the risk of becoming unpopular I'll say this was my favourite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

BB 3 when Kate won...after that they wernt that good!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

The first one, that was the one true Big Brother. The housemates had no idea what it looked like from the outside and as such was pure authentic.

Ever since, all hms are aware and they can play up to the cameras, with their contrived personalities.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

BB3 was the only one I watched. Jade, Kate, Jonny, Alex, etc.
    Jade was so funny! (thick, but funny!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Defo BB3, Jade was fantastic! I wish E4 would repeat it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Had to be BB4 simply for victor. That bloke was the best housemate ever.What a Legend

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

has to have BB3. I dont think that BB6 will be very memorable as the housemates were very fake.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

BB2 and BB3

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Tiffany

BB2, but 3 and 5 were great too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

I didn't watch the first one or this year's one but I watched BB2, BB3, BB4 and a little bit of BB5 (only started watching it after a few weeks). I loved BB2 with Brian Dowling - he rocked! That was my favourite one :) After that, it would've been BB3, that was really good as well. Hated last year's one - that Michelle Bass is the biggest pain in the ass / attention seeker ever. Any interview that she has been in has said "oh everyone says ours was the best Big Brother ever", and it wasn't - it was stupid!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

BB5 for me, I liked BB2 but I missed two weeks of it when I was abroad. BB3 was great as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

BB4, loved Carmen (or whatever), him going to Afica was soo great

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Amnesiac_ie

6 - Big Brother 2005 was my least favourite... I was in Africa for most of it but I couldn't warm to any of the housemates this year. The show felt so far removed from what it once was. The housemates were by and large selfish, vile, petty, childish, confrontatioanl and very dim.

5 - Big Brother 2003. Cameron won. A nation lost interest.

4 - Big Brother 2002. The first signs that Big Bro was getting old. It's also the show that spawned Jade Goody and the marked the beginning of producers obviously interfering with the basic format with the rich/poor divide and allowing Tickle back in towards the end.

3 - Big Brother 2004. The show hadn't been working for a few years so Endemol went evil. By now the show had changed completely for me and though I was more aware of the media savvy contestants, the blatantly biased editing and the insistence of prodcuers going for shock value the series was hugely entertaining.

2 - Big Brother 2001. This was the first year with a huge media spotlight on the show from the off and 24 hour coverage on e4. It rode the wave of popularity of the first series but it was entertaining to watch and some of the warmest and most memorable housemates entered the house.

1 - big Brother 2000. The original and by far and away the best. None of the housemates could predict what the reaction outside the house would be. The kangaroo court that tried Nasty Nick was fantastic TV. The housemates were a varied bunch, far from boring and you wouldn't mind having to share a house with any of them. Apart from Caggy and Nicola perhaps... that would be trying!

Advertisement