Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Wheel meets concrete!

Options
  • 13-08-2005 3:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi all! I'm not sure if this is the best place to post but here goes anyway.....
    The wife just made contact with a lump of concrete which appeared to be a piece of kerbing while exiting the M1 at the Donabate exit heading northbound. The concrete was in the middle of the road just on the white line so it wasn't easily spotted. As you can guess the result was a blow out. The tyre on the front right hand wheel burst and the wheel itself which is an alloy is now u/s.
    I was just wondering if there is anyway of claiming off the council for this as there are road works going on on this stretch of road and it is going to cost a pretty penny to replace tyre and wheel. I have heard stories of people claiming and getting money for tyres after hitting pot holes but unfortunately by the time I got to the scene a 'white van ' had stopped to pick up the offending article and removed it.

Anyone any idea?
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Radio Edit

What's "u/s"?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

UnServiceable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭boardsee

Feckin women drivers! :rolleyes: I`d say if there a an aeroplane on the road they`d still drive straight on into it.
    What did she say when you told her shes banned from the car?

Advertisement