Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSP launch titles

Options
  • 13-08-2005 3:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭

Hey there folks, getting a PSP on the day of release with Ridge Racer (the game that made me fall in love with the machine, I've been Ridge Racer loving for ten years now!) and was wondering if anyone can tell me, which game is the next best launch title for Sept 1st?

Tony Hawks?
    Virtua Tennis?
    Darkstalkers?

Something else!?

Much appreciated..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭astec123

Complete launch list is 20 games, Game as usual talking through their asses.

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1040_22-5754105.html

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Lumines and Mercury are addictive puzzle-style games (think Tetris, but more complicated).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

That zdnet article is nearly two months old, but it looks like just over 20 games will be released according to the games available to preorder on www.game.co.uk , with 90% of these already out months ago in America. Theres a preview of virtua tennis on www.eurogamer.net and it looks like its going to be very good so i'd make that top of your wishlist. Anyone know if xtravision well be renting out psp games? As a good few of the games stink and it would be better to test them first before splashing out. Tiger Woods is very good also even if its very similiar to the ps2/xbox versions, its very hard to beat players even on rookie which is either a good thing/ a bug!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

There won't be 50 titles on day one. Everybody has conflicting lists, but it looks like being between 10 and 20 games on day one, with another 10 films. By the end of September we'll probably have double that.

Of the racing games, I'd recommend Ridge Racers. Outside that, Everybody's Golf is great, and Virtua Tennis looks like being a must-have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Lumines
    Ridge Racer
    Mercury
    Metal Gear Acid
    Wipeout Pure

All worth buying on release.

Advertisement