Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ahem woo ahem

Options
  • 13-08-2005 6:26pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭

hmmm it's here, the time is nigh,general thanks tbh \o/

now this is a thread to post up and say 'hi i'm a vegetarian/vegan' you know just so that this thread has a point.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭kawaii

hmmm it's here, the time is nigh,general thanks tbh \o/

now this is a thread to post up and say 'hi i'm a vegetarian/vegan' you know just so that this thread has a point.

Turning veg...

I got first post btw :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

w00t! \0/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

theres no charter! Lets do what we want!

/me takes off pants.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

kawaii wrote:
    Turning veg...

I got first post btw :p
    i meant my first post in here :)

and good man glad to hear about the turning(uncoerced ;) )

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

theres no charter! Lets do what we want!

/me takes off pants.
    lets eat meat! :P

anyway no charter..makes no sense...i have no rules to abide by *head explode*

• Advertisement

I'm a Veggie! Look at me!

Oh and Tar for Mod! :)

I'm a Veggie! Look at me!

ok maybe the thread should include reasons why or whatever you have to add about it apart from your name ;)

there's already 3 sexy mods gettin it on in here and i have heard of two of them so it should be ok :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

delighted this forum has finally been created.

I'm not a vegetarian but my girlie is and thus i suffer from some of the issues the rest of you do such as finding decent restaurants (besides indian's) to eat in and recipes for interesting, tasty and exciting vegetarian food.

Thus, Might i suggest two threads: Interesting recipes for meals Boards users have personally made and enjoyed and Restaurants which cater for vegetarians exclusively or have a varied and substantial vegetarian section (ie, not a normal restaurant with a sole uninspired veggie option)

ill try to get some recipes up when i go home and i dont know that much about restaurants yet,i just wander into the ones with vegetarian above the door,i will look around.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

yey! i've been vegetarian for about five and a half years now :) and 3 of my bestest friends are veggie too :p yey!!

• Advertisement

you meant the veggie trio...ive heard of them :P

oh yeah! that's one mega important trio!!

saz

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I was veggie for 2 years, thinking of going back to it. :)

/pokes her ...go on :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Yay!! The forum is here, I've been veggie for 13 or 14 years now.
    Funny I met this German guy on holiday last year, he was 44, he had been a veggie for over 20 years and last year he said he suddenly decided why bother and started eating meat again and he said he is loving it, I thought it was really strange, just shows you got to watch yourself even if you have been a veggie for a long time............

/looks over shoulder..

ah! it's meat! :)
    maybe you are right but it kinda disgusts me now,maybe that will keep the meat outta me for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

Agreed, he has done alot of posting ect to get this forum off the ground.

Well congrats anyway fro getting this forum, it should have been here along time ago. I'm not a veggie yet so i bow my head in shame :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭kestrel

yay! so happy this forum has been made. i've been veggie now for about five years. tis great, i'll never go back.

well gazza,'yet' sounds like a good sign :)

edit: and welcome kestrel,good to hear.

Oh believe me, i'm working on it....as i have mentioned before, i will have to try give up my love for chicken! :o

So far i don't eat meat anymore, but the food that i practically live on (chicken) is going to be a challenge.

I will be a veggie, i'm determined

• Advertisement

heh cool,try the quorn substitute like ckicken to see if you like it. oh and the other ones too...linda mccartney sausages aswell....ive never tried most but a lot of people i know like them and needed a substitute to quit meat.

Yep i have anyways been meaning to try quorn...will do

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭embraer170

Bought a pack of Linda mccartney a few months back and found they were bit too salty and tasted too much like meat.

As for Quorn, I avoid it cause it contains eggs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 plink

embraer170 wrote:
    Bought a pack of Linda mccartney a few months back and found they were bit too salty and tasted too much like meat.

As for Quorn, I avoid it cause it contains eggs.

so does the linda mc cartney stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭embraer170

so does the linda mc cartney stuff

Last time I checked the sausages (8 pack, 280gr) don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 plink

ooohh okay, maybe they don't, sorry. i know the burgers have albumin in them though.

its meant to try and taste like meat no?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I tried the Quorn sausages and they taste a bit weird, too spicy I think. People have highly recommended the chicken varieties though.

Do the Linda McCartney sausages have good amounts of protein? They seemed to be totally vegetable.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭DSLC

Greetings - I stopped eating meat about a year and a half ago; and started weening myself off dairy products a little over a year ago.
    It's nice to see that a forum has been created for us - it's like a little oasis of peace and sanity :D !

• Advertisement

welcome!!!

Advertisement