Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Albums in i-tunes

Options
  • 13-08-2005 7:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭

I have an i-pod and cant put certain cd's onto itunes because they're copy protected.

I'm not trying to copy the cd or anything but there must be a way to listen to the album I spent money on.

Kings of Leon-Youth and Young Manhood, Ben Kweller-On My Way and The Magic Numbers albums are a few good examples of these albums.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

well... one could hypothetically rip the cd onto the copy protected wma format that they allow. then burn a cd of it that they also allow. and then sure for the hell of it you could rip that cd also. I have also heard that if you hold down left shift upon loading the cd it stops the autoplay function and may override the copyright stuff (dunno if that still works though) Not that I condone such immoral activities, all hail IRMA!

or you could get a better mp3 player than the crappy ipod :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Smurfpiss wrote:
    well... one could hypothetically rip the cd onto the copy protected wma format that they allow. then burn a cd of it that they also allow. and then sure for the hell of it you could rip that cd also. I have also heard that if you hold down left shift upon loading the cd it stops the autoplay function and may override the copyright stuff (dunno if that still works though) Not that I condone such immoral activities, all hail IRMA!

or you could get a better mp3 player than the crappy ipod :D

What you said won't work as the copyright stops windows media player from recognising the cd. The only one that worked for me was Musicmatch jukebox. Rip with that. Then drag into iTunes.

Alternatively, bring the cd back to the store and ask for a non-copyright one as apparently they have to give you one...... if they have it that is.

Advertisement