Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone else got a Jeep CJ-7

• 13-08-2005 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

Anyone else in the isle got a Jeep CJ-7 or a CJ-5. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

They are a rare jeep in Ireland, aren't they ?

Older version of current Chevrolet Jeep Wrangler, right ?

The only one I have seen here to date was one for sale near Celbridge back in the late 1990's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

What year?.
    Bros got one. 4.0l-6cyl IL Mid 90's vintage, I think. leaf springs F&R.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭MercMad

Older version of current Chevrolet Jeep Wrangler, right

.........its Chrysler isn't it ?

Was Jeep originally linked with AMC ?

Off topic but I recently saw one of the original Lanc Cruisers, lovely yoke, havent seen one for years . The used to be everywhere !

Actually yeah, it could be Chrysler :confused:

Was the Land Cruiser you saw dark blue in colour (with original Irish reg) ?
    (I saw a dark blue one (with orig reg) on display at Fingal Vintage Show a few weeks ago)

Silvera wrote:

Older version of current Chevrolet Jeep Wrangler, right ?

Not sure if Jeep were ever part of GM. originally Willys Jeep, The US God had Ford make copies during the way, but as far as I can determine they were not allowed to put the Ford emblem on them.

They were part of AMC for a while I think, then Chrysler took over. They certainly are part of Chrysler now, that's for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭helibelly

Its a 4.2 ltr, 1979 CJ-7 thankfully with a full hard top and no back seats (commercial tax), I did hear that a feller in Dublin was mad on them from a parts dealer in Norwich, but there must be more than just two of us. If your wandering, the CJ-7 was made by Jeep, then AMC (under the Jeep name) now days its chrysler (never mind). The CJ-7 was also driven by Daisy Duke in the Dukes of hazard.

Any chance of a few pics of your CJ-7, helibelly ?

Would but can't understand the prompts when I press the 'insert picure', what is 'enter the text to be formatted' got to do with a picture?

When posting your message, just scroll down til you see 'Manage Attachments' - click on it, then click 'Browse', choose your pic, then click 'Upload'. Finally click 'Close Window'..........hey presto, pic uploaded to your post! :)

Ah!

• Advertisement

Thats a cool jeep helibelly!

Yep, real 'Dukes of Hazzard' look about it alright :D

Can you get classic insurance on it?
    (Will qualify for vintage tax in 2009)

helibelly wrote:
    Ah!

Didn't think those yellow sidelights inset in the wheel arch nor the plastic wheel arch flares were in vogue in '79.... apparently there were.

it's all genuine 79', thats a stock jeep apart from the 1" lift and the larger wheels, which I've now changed for road wheels as I like being able to stop in the wet rather than going sideways! As for road tax, yes it will be a classic in 2009 but this is actually a rare 'van' version which has a soild hardtop (no windows) and no rear seat (it can have a seat but not in the republic as it wouldn't be a commercial then), the insurance is under a classic scheme so I have a limited milage and another car for normal use (but as this jeep has no heater, radio, power steering or power brakes you really wouldn't want ot as you're regular ride :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭MercMad

Its a 4.2 ltr, 1979 CJ-7 thankfully with a full hard top and no back seats (commercial tax), I did hear that a feller in Dublin was mad on them from a parts dealer in Norwich, but there must be more than just two of us. If your wandering, the CJ-7 was made by Jeep, then AMC (under the Jeep name) now days its chrysler (never mind). The CJ-7 was also driven by Daisy Duke in the Dukes of hazard.

Any chance of a few pics of your CJ-7, helibelly ?

.........got any pictures of Daisy Duke ?? ;)

Advertisement