Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB Down...?

• 13-08-2005 10:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi All.

I'm a newb, so be gentle with me!! :D

Has anybody else had problems with thier IBB connection tonight? Yes, I know most of you have speed problems, but can you actually connect? I havn't been able to since about 1730.

I'm in Clonee, attached to the HS at Clonsilla train station.

Cheers

M

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Velcrow

Phibsboro OK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

ballymun ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Macker1

Clondalkin ok as well apart from the usual slow performance!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

fine at RTE too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Undercoverguy

Northside Ok as well as Baldoyle. I heard something wrong with the DNS on some HS. So either,

1) Ping the gateway, if it dont work call CS tomorrow and let it rip.

2) If you get a response from the ping than do a trace to the DNS. (62.231.32.10)
    and let us know how it turns out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Clonsilla OK all day here. Close to HS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I asume youre not posting from home. Are you sure you have all youre ip and gateway info entered correctlly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Matty_c

I asume youre not posting from home. Are you sure you have all youre ip and gateway info entered correctlly?

I am posting from home, as I still have my NTL cable modem until the 17th aug. And I haver checked all the info on the NIC, and everything is as it should be. I have tried on my lappy, main desktop, and an old linux box, and they all have no connectivity :(. I think I'll phone ntl in the morning and ask them not to cancel my account, and then phone IBB and tell them where they can stick their service (or lack thereof!).

Thanks for the help guys, I really appreciate it ;)

Matt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

Matty_c wrote:
    I am posting from home, as I still have my NTL cable modem until the 17th aug. And I haver checked all the info on the NIC, and everything is as it should be. I have tried on my lappy, main desktop, and an old linux box, and they all have no connectivity :(. I think I'll phone ntl in the morning and ask them not to cancel my account, and then phone IBB and tell them where they can stick their service (or lack thereof!).

Thanks for the help guys, I really appreciate it ;)

Matt
    Thats the most sensible thing to do!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Matty_c

I've just been on the phone to customer services, and they said "very sorry, but it looks like your radio is busted, we'll send an engineer round in 7-10 working days."

I think you can guess what I said... :)

This has got to be the worst company I have ever had the misfortune to deal with :(

Matt

• Advertisement

My radio went "down" last Friday, the day after I got my service, so I rang up and they said they would send someone out to replace it. It resumed working within 24hrs, however, and the speeds have been fine for the week and a bit since.

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    My radio went "down" last Friday, the day after I got my service, so I rang up and they said they would send someone out to replace it. It resumed working within 24hrs, however, and the speeds have been fine for the week and a bit since.
    Ssssshh!! you'll put the mockers onit..

Ah stop that! I havent had a problem with it since, but this forum is making me paranoid! My decent speeds might have something to do with the fact that I can actually see the HS easily from my house.

that doesn't mean anything... I can see the Ballymun mast from my house (dist approx 500m)& IBB couldnt even get a signal...Thank God! Lucky escape forme..

Well I have no complaints yet...

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I have yet to have a real problem with the connection, same as a mate down the road.

The mast I'm connected to is miles away.

2 Happy IBB customers on the same thread...? Screen capture in progress....................................................................................................

Just as a matter of curiosity, what download speeds are considered bad for a 1mb connection?

I would be disappointed if itwas below 60-70 k

Good, mine averages well over 100.

• Advertisement

Thats spot on...have you looked up irishisptest.com ?

Just tried it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Just tried it now.

can you let the test finish then post the results .

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Couch Potato

MrJoeSoap wrote:

That's very strange - EXACT same happen for me - same day as well ???

And came back on the Sunday when I re-checked !!

I too have good speeds (touch wood :) ) although the upload speed can be very erractic. I have Blueface VoIP and when the upload is jumpy the calls break up alot.

Advertisement