Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Teddy Sheringham-Respect

• 13-08-2005 10:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭

Just watching match of the day there and heard that this is Teddy's 23rd season as a pro,what an amazing guy he is.

At his age still banging in the goals,makes a mockery of people who say footballers are finished at a certain age,he's a star in my book and ive nothing but the upmost respect for him. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Agreed. Turns 40 later this season. Amazing player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Great football mind, but he won't last the full season without a lot of rest.

Supposed to be a wan*er in person though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Supposed to be a wan*er in person though.

He and Andy Cole certainly had a strange relationship at Man Utd alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Teddy Sheringham's headstone with probably read "his football brain is quicker than his feet", its been said so often. :rolleyes:

It remains to be seen how he does for the rest of the season. Has been a great pro though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Who can ever forget his goal in the CL final,amazing scenes,he'a a star :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Sheringham's a true legend in a time when guys like Rooney get called legends on a weekly basis. Does anyone know if Sheri has an autobiography knocking about? If so, is it any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Sheringham's a true legend in a time when guys like Rooney get called legends on a weekly basis. Does anyone know if Sheri has an autobiography knocking about? If so, is it any good?

He does have one yes. Whether its good or not is another matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Great pro. His class could keep West Ham up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

His class won't keep West Ham up, but it'll contribute. I think they will be like Portsmouth, and they will actually reach safe midtable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

fantastic player. its not very fair to say all footballers should last til their 40. sheri was a player who didnt rely on speed and was always a naturally fit guy. as phb said, he will help but he wont be the pivotal player in their season, i think reo coker could be crucial. he looked amazing yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Great, great player. It's a testament to his professionalism that he is still in good shape. And THAT goal.... OH TEDDY TEDDY!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

Its good to see some of the oldies still able to make the grade. Sheringham is one, as is Shearer, and lets not forget Bergkamp who is good enough to play the game as good and as fast as he ever did (I wonder what Arsene gives his players).

Anyone else of note who is say 34 or older?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

redspider wrote:
    Its good to see some of the oldies still able to make the grade. Sheringham is one, as is Shearer, and lets not forget Bergkamp who is good enough to play the game as good and as fast as he ever did (I wonder what Arsene gives his players).

Anyone else of note who is say 34 or older?
    Are we talking outfield only? Because Van Der Sar looked as sharp as an 18-year old on saturday :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭soma

Are we talking outfield only? Because Van Der Sar looked as sharp as an 18-year old on saturday :)

Speaking as an ex-goalie, van der sar has been one of my favs down thru the years, a great buy for united.

Sheringham - was thinking 'legend' myself watching those highlights, he'll rarely (if ever) last 90 mins in the premiership but he still looked (and proved to be) damn dangerous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Also Keano and Davids

Big Dunc aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

Great player,Spurs hero?

Hope he has a good season with Whammers, like to see him play that well against the Big clubs as well. Reo Cookers goal was a cracker!

Advertisement