Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What jean style makes you look skinny??

• 13-08-2005 11:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭

Im looking for a pair of jeans for the shorter, more pair-shaped female.

I know that darker colours and slightly wider ends help, but any other suggestions?? Also, where to get them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Yeah darker coloured jeans with a bootleg or flared style will help slim you. Also wear fitted, colourful tops and/or accessories and helps draw the eyes up. Well that's what they say in the magazines!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

I think A-Wear have jeans in with a seam down the centre? I had a pair before that had a panel at the side, and everyone complimented them... that can make your legs appear thinner. Boot cut is also good, never go for drainpipe ones (take it from me, it's not pretty!)
    Or, if you don't like the ones with the seam, then try darker ones with slightly more faded down the front, again, A-Wear had these the last time I looked..
    (and no, I don't work for A-Wear, I just like their jeans!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Bluebells

Yea, last year I got a couple of amazing pairs of jeans from awear. Only prob was they shrunk and are too short. Plus they dont have them any more!

What about pockets, big,small,low,high, whats best??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Dont go for too much detailing on the ass. Can't remember but I think its smaller pockets and I'd say more low slung than high waisted jeans. Urgh, who wears those jeans anymore anyways! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

pockets closer together, if they are further apart it can make your bum look bigger...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭jellybaby21

Bluebells wrote:
    Im looking for a pair of jeans for the shorter, more pair-shaped female.

I know that darker colours and slightly wider ends help, but any other suggestions?? Also, where to get them?
    Low slung jeans and a good pair of heels make your legs look slimmer and longer miss sixty jeans are great but expensive but any nice low waisted jeans with a pair of heels wud work fine just make sure there are pockets on the bum wearing jeans with no back pockets tends to make ur bum look big :):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Check out Seven's womens jeans, they're designed to make you appear slimmer and they look great on the more curvy women ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭DAEDULUS

light bending jeans help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

yea low waist dark jeans and a nice pair of heels will defo make yer legs look longer and thinner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

I avoid D & G jeans myself as they are like drainpipes,i like baggy(ish) jeans ;)

• Advertisement

I got susst jeans lately and they look really good on , make my ass look nice well nicer :) most susst jeans are nice on though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

OLDYELLAR wrote:
    I got susst jeans lately and they look really good on , make my ass look nice well nicer :) most susst jeans are nice on though.
    Yeah thats true, well, from a guys p.o.v they usually look good on women.

I think most girls find Replay jeans comfortable too,quite a loose fit, what ya think?

Never had a pair I usually stick with what I know Susst are usually the only ones I buy because they do look good on .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Toight like a toiger :D

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭*marie*

Moto in topshop do the best jeans IMO...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭THEZAPPA

i go for dark colour jeans as i am pear shaped and it makes me look skinnier!

and i feel good in them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

DAEDULUS wrote:
    light bending jeans help

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭deedee lepoopoo

I found the best jeans for the curvy girl are matthew williamson in Debenhams. I got a pair that have a deadly fit and they have a little motif on the ass, they are 3/4 length and dark.

Weird though I would love a pair of the same cut, just longer but I can't get them.

Always get jeans with ass pockets or else you get 'leggings bum'. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Bluebells

Ive been looking around loads for some flattering jeans and found them in the least likely place.....Dunnes stores. I tried miss sixty jeans, loads a' different ones and dunnes ones came up the best! They're called fashion fit.

Advertisement