Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Today's championship results

• 13-08-2005 11:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭

Brighton 2-2 Crewe Alexandra
    Burnley 4-0 Coventry City
    Leicester City 0-0 Ipswich Town
    Luton Town 0-0 Leeds United
    Millwall 0-1 Stoke City
    Norwich City 1-1 Crystal Palace
    Plymouth Argyle 0-2 Derby County
    Preston North End 0-3 Reading
    QPR 2-1 Sheffield United
    Sheffield Wednesday 0-1 Southampton
    Wolverhampton Wanderers 1-0 Hull City

Yesterday:
    Cardiff City 1-3 Watford

Great win for Reading away from home, Luton stay top with their draw against Leeds. Southampton finally off the mark with their 1-0 win at Wednesday, but Norwich and Palace play out a 1-1 draw, leaving Palace one off the bottom of the table. Wins for Wolves and QPR see them in the top 3 along with Luton.

This season's championship could be the most competitive in years, thought I can't work out if thats as a result of the quality, or lack thereof, of the division... ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Kenwyne Jones with another goal for the Saints, he really is a top prospect. Scored 7 in 7 on loan to help Sheffield Wednesday gain promotion last season (despite being signed as a centre back/midfielder), and has 2 in his 3 games so far this time around. Also scored a pre-season hat-trick as we beat Anderlecht 3-2.

Another decent result for Luton v Leeds, they are definitely the form team at the minute, deservedly top of the table for the moment. Kevin Doyle didnt make it off the bench for Reading today as they won 3-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Kevin Doyle didnt make it off the bench for Reading today as they won 3-0.

Don't think he'll get too many chances, injuries aside TBH. I said it last week, first choice partnership is Kitson-Lita, Lita got two more today for the Royals. His transfer for £1million might prove to be a canny bit of business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

we played a good game with some great atmosphere at carrow road. we really took it to them in the first half but rolled over towards the end and put ourselves under pressure a bit. overall i think 1-1 was a good result. I still hate Andy Johnson.

kensutz wrote:
    I still hate Andy Johnson.

I'm sure you're delighted :rolleyes: to see Sven's England squad so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I was devasted today.
    I was thinkiing, thank god 3 points, this is going to really push us up the table. Then what happens, they scrap one back. Then what happens, they score another! ****ing crewe.
    Either way we pulled it back for a point, but we will need those 2 points in the future :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

The so-called big guns have found it hard to get going, Southampton with their first win and Palace and Norwich scrapping to get some points on the board as well. Fair play to Wolves, a club record of 21 (I think?) unbeaten league games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Kenwyne Jones with another goal for the Saints, he really is a top prospect. Scored 7 in 7 on loan to help Sheffield Wednesday gain promotion last season (despite being signed as a centre back/midfielder), and has 2 in his 3 games so far this time around. Also scored a pre-season hat-trick as we beat Anderlecht 3-2.

Another decent result for Luton v Leeds, they are definitely the form team at the minute, deservedly top of the table for the moment. Kevin Doyle didnt make it off the bench for Reading today as they won 3-0.

very disappointed with the result yday.
    kenwyne is an excellent player alright.
    despite scoring 7 in 7 at hillsborough, first person in ages to achieve such a feat for the owls, the fans were very wary about signing him, saying stupid things like he was unproven at championship level blah blah, when it was quite clear the guy has a knack for scoring.well the boat has sailed and redknapp realised what a talent he had so he kept him.
    we really need a striker, one goal in three games, and that was from a loan signing who has returned to soton with a broken foot.
    what we wouldnt give for kenwyne jones now.... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Paul McShane got the official MOM for Brighton yet again. He got MOM in his first match and was Brighton's best player in the 2nd match. He set up a goal yesterday too which isn't bad for a centre half. :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I feel a point is a good enough result for us on Saturday. Luton have lost only one game in the last 30 and have already beaten two of the favourites to go up this season. Kenilworth road is always going to be a tough place to go to so im happy enough with a point. I didn’t get to listen to the commentary for the game as I was playing myself, but from what I have read and from the highlights I have seen we did well enough but Luton were marginally the better side. We did have some very good chances though to score but as usual we failed to take them and so it ended as a 0-0 draw. Ricketts had a glorious opportunity but managed to side foot the ball wide with the goal at his mercy. Other than that he did very well though. Incidently Leeds are the first team to come away from luton with a clean sheet in 26 games so you have to happy with that. Im happy enough with our start if not too impressed. Our next game will be an important one at home to wolves. We can see how well our team performs against one of the top sides in the division.

A quick note on Ian Bennett. He was excellent in goal for Leeds today and proves that we really do have two of the best goalkeepers in the division. Fair play to Kevin for bringing him in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

very disappointed with the result yday.
    kenwyne is an excellent player alright.
    despite scoring 7 in 7 at hillsborough, first person in ages to achieve such a feat for the owls, the fans were very wary about signing him, saying stupid things like he was unproven at championship level blah blah, when it was quite clear the guy has a knack for scoring.well the boat has sailed and redknapp realised what a talent he had so he kept him.
    we really need a striker, one goal in three games, and that was from a loan signing who has returned to soton with a broken foot.
    what we wouldnt give for kenwyne jones now.... :(

They have put in a bid for Clive Pratt who is playing for the MK Dons, never heard or seen much of this guy....any news on him? seemily scored twice against us last season :confused: was playing for Peterborough

Bad weekend....knew Jones would come back to haunt us....see the Wednesday fans giving him a standing ovation at end!! first time I have seen that happen!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Big Nelly wrote:
    They have put in a bid for Clive Pratt who is playing for the MK Dons, never heard or seen much of this guy....any news on him? seemily scored twice against us last season :confused: was playing for Peterborough

Bad weekend....knew Jones would come back to haunt us....see the Wednesday fans giving him a standing ovation at end!! first time I have seen that happen!!

clive platt is very good alright,would have been a good target man at 6 foot 4,but sure its been turned down....

Wednesday signed Graham from Wigan today, 250,000. Dont know much of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Wednesday signed Graham from Wigan today, 250,000. Dont know much of him.

Signed last Thursday, played with Rangers youth team a while back and Sturrock seems to know the Scottish footie well.....picked up MacLean as well who used to play for Ranger youth team!

Advertisement