Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cms

Options
  • 14-08-2005 3:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭

I have created a website for a guy who wants to be able to change the text through a content management system. Very simple really. The pages are static in the site.

What would be the best program out there for doing that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭ConsultClifford

roamer wrote:
    I have created a website for a guy who wants to be able to change the text through a content management system. Very simple really. The pages are static in the site.

What would be the best program out there for doing that?

Mambo is a great CMS... with loads of features and add-ons

but it might be overkill (might get confused with all the options) for you project...depends on how many pages, is it just text, or images also to be updated etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭roamer

Ya, I had a look at mambo and it seems to be overly complex for this task. Its just text that needs to be updated regularly into one text area.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Try Coranto

I have installed coronto and set up activeperl (Windows XP).

When I try to access coronto.cgi from the browser it just loads the text script rather than interpreting the code. I think the problem must be in the top line.

This is default
    #!/usr/bin/perl

I tried
    #!C:\Perl\bin\ (and variations)

What could be the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

If it's loading it without actually parsing it then it could be that you haven't told IIS how to handle it correctly

• Advertisement

Well, im using apache, so is there some configuration change I need to apply

actually, its ok. Ive found the problem. Thanks

Advertisement