Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Major Road works N10/77 Aug/Sept

• 14-08-2005 3:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭

Major Road works N10/77 Aug/Sept there is a flashing sign on the way into the city saying this. Anyone know what is going on?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its the ring road being extended from the Carlow rd to the Castlecomer rd.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

mike65 wrote:
    Its the ring road being extended from the Carlow rd to the Castlecomer rd.

Mike.
    oooh!! sounds good! Any plans online? I will be able to avoid the city at last!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

pdf file

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Munurty

It also might be out the carlow rd cause about a month ago they dug a large trench along the road and haven't done anything since and where the new mart is being built there is a half a round-about maybe they are going to complete it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I assume they are going to connect the comer road to the carlow road at the carlow rd roundabout. They're turning my road into a flyover over the new extended ring road, its going to be ****ed for months :(

• Advertisement

Whats going on out by the railway station towards the carlow road?

Not sure exactly, but it may be something to do with the ring road extension again, as they have to reroute over 1km of railway track to accommodate the road, as well as having to build a new railway bridge. I think there's a hotel being built out there somewhere too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

There are talks yet again of the train station being moved out to Dunbell and passangers being bussed into the city.

Big mistake if they do that in my opinion.

mick_irl wrote:
    There are talks yet again of the train station being moved out to Dunbell and passangers being bussed into the city.

Big mistake if they do that in my opinion.
    Where is Dunbell?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

It's out the Sion Road.
    There have been talks of IE doing this for ages to stop the 'dead end' stop in Kilkenny for ages.

• Advertisement

Is that out past the Lavistown loop?

That would suck, considering they only rebuilt the train station a few years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

And people would have to pay for a train ticket.... and then get on a bus. Only in Ireland. That's one draw for Kilkenny I think... The Train station is slap bang near John Street/Hotels/pubs etc.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭dawballz

Yeah, Kilkenny needs the train station there.
    Even if it does bring the dirty accented slappery dubs to us every friday evening for their hen party in the Kilford.

But the whole track layout there is silly. Making Kilkenny a cul de sac station was madness as it unnessasarily increases journey times.

I take it the move would be temp until the ring road is completed?

Well it wasn't originally a cul de sac, it only became that when they closed the line to Portlaoise years ago.

No, it'd be full time, Why wouldn't they link the kilkenny track to waterford, by going through kilkenny, instead of going back on it's self. It'd cost a lot, but Pffff, it makes sense, Like so: http://members.boards.ie/lump/Train.JPG

John

haha, impressive.

I have TEH SKILLZOROSOSOROSOSZZZ

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 jenna_

Bond-007 wrote:
    Whats going on out by the railway station towards the carlow road?

They're putting in a business complex, may also be a shopping complex included-the ring road's being extended up bast hebron ind estate linking that, the housing estates and johnswell road from the carlow roundabout to the Castlecomer road it's part of a longterm plan to have a dub,in-waterford motorway :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭daithi

John, next time you try draw a map, at least try and put waterford on the right side of kilkenny, what you have there is a mirror image of the actual track layout.

Advertisement