Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

wigan v chelsea contains scores

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I think any criticism of Wigan is completely unfounded. It was their first game of the season, and they were up against the champions. For a lot of the game they played them off the pitch. Even Mourinho said, you couldn't tell who the champions were - all credit to Wigan.
    It's heartbreaking for them to be undone in the 93rd minute (albeit by a spectacular goal from a world-class player) but if they keep those kind of performances up they have a great chance of doing well in the Premiership.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

12 chances with 5 on target isnt bad at all...

Sure chelsea had more but thats too be expected. A lot of chelseas shots were too easy for the goalkeeper. They were under pressure but not really testing the goalkeeper much imo.
    I think they were right to go for the win. If wigan continue to perform like that then they will easily avoid relegation. Mid table perhaps.

We'll see how they do against the lesser sides tho where they aint as fired up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭SCULLY

B-K-DzR wrote:
    12 chances with 5 on target isnt bad at all...

Sure chelsea had more but thats too be expected. A lot of chelseas shots were too easy for the goalkeeper. They were under pressure but not really testing the goalkeeper much imo.
    I think they were right to go for the win. If wigan continue to perform like that then they will easily avoid relegation. Mid table perhaps.

We'll see how they do against the lesser sides tho where they aint as fired up.

I'm not having a pop at Wigan - they played far better than I thought they would and gave the champions a real scare. I agree that the real test will be how they fare against the lesser sides. I only included the stats to refute the claim from the earlier poster that "Chelsea had very little chances where as Wigan had many" which was not the case.

Advertisement