Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does every advertisement have to be for the queer beers?

Options

Comments

I think it should be limited to the lbg forums. Surely we dont ALL need to know about it.... in the same way communications tele2 etc adds should only appear in the coms section etc. but i dont see that type of advertising happening any time soon.

I think the point of this advertisment is not to limit the beers to folks who frequent the lgb(t) forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Not everyone can get firefox in work.

They aren't particularily discreet to be fair, especially in some situations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I think it should be limited to the lbg forums. Surely we dont ALL need to know about it.... in the same way communications tele2 etc adds should only appear in the coms section etc. but i dont see that type of advertising happening any time soon.

You'd have a point if it was an exclusive event, but since it isn't, you don't. All are welcome. This is a boards event, and as such is open to all who read boards, even those that don't. Many forums organise exclusive piss up's (eg PTH) and as such there are no banner adds.

Stark, Most of the adds are tongue in cheek type stuff. It was kinda the point of not taking it to seriously.

BuffyBot; How discreet should the adds be? Should the word Queer be replaced with LGB or even GLB to make it less recognisable

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

I think LGB beers would be very appropiate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

But queer beers ryhmes!

/me will cry if the rhyming is removed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

Fair enough on the up side of things they should all be gone in 6 days 31 mins.

Well its only this one needs removing imo.

http://members.boards.ie/liouville/QB2.jpg

Of course it would be, but it's called QueerBeers. QueerBeers is instantly identifiable as being a gay piss up. I don't know how recognisable the term LGB or GLB is to people that aren't already well equated with the term's. And I made the point earlier that this isn't an exclusive event and I would like to encourage as many people as possible to come.
    Edit: I didn't pick the name btw, it was either swiss or yellum.

exactly

btw Matthew, I hope you come along, you're a sound bloke.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

But queer beers ryhmes!

/me will cry if the rhyming is removed

That and last time round I got to butcher a "Care bears" poster for it :) Pity I can't use it again, damn me and my need for originality :)

I doubt i'll be able to go as i'm going to Engerland the next day. I may ask the auld parents, /me curses living at home, though.

oh i remeber that Stark was quite cool

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

Also tbh i noted the adds last week but didnt mind at all and am only posting cos i came accross this thread.

I find that 70-80% of my time on boards i cant see the banners anyways so it doesnt effect me at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

well, tbh i didn't know it was on and i might wander over now if i get a chance....

Well its only this one needs removing imo.

http://members.boards.ie/liouville/QB2.jpg
    Yep thats the one in question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭newgrange

Oh you gays, you have to push it in our faces - can't you hide like you used to?

Some of my best friends are gay - some of them are alright.

Bit harsh there newgrange but sometimes it can be true.

Ah lovely. agreeing with a troll

I feel dirty about agreeing with the troll I must go have a shower, whos got the caustic soda.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Yes that happens to me quite a bit unfortunately.

Newgrange isn't a troll though.

I'm gay, and I like the ads, and I find it a little offensive that someone thinks by having an ad display on your PC you might in some way be 'tainted'. Call it trolling if you like.

It's not catching, and really if people where you work have nothing better to do than watch each other's screens, well they will soon find something else to talk about. "You're a Star" maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

Willem D wrote:
    Bit harsh there newgrange but sometimes it can be true.

Lord. You did just walk into that didn't you?

Willem why didn't you start a "get back in your damn closest" thread.

singing

"I see your true colours, shining through, your true colours, so beautiful like a rainbow"

She was making a subtle point.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

lol dear lords I cant decide which is more shocking
    some of the atitudes here :rolleyes: or the fact Mycroft made me laugh.

ah i failed to see the sarcasm.

/me smacks self upside head

I apologise

Edit: i see nothing wrong with the banners btw. They are slightly tongue in cheek and funny imho

Nay worries..it's a gay thang... :D
    No offence taken.

Sorry MyCroft do have a vendetta against me , I have to ignore it previously but what is your problem. Sometimes people whom of which are homosexual do nowadays try to shove it in our face a lot more , it dosen't mean to say I have any things against homosexual. It can be annoying if your gay be gay simple as that .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

The ads dont offend me in anyway - and as someone pointed out - it should'nt and i assume it wont, be limited to LGb forum goers

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Stark wrote:
    And I think what Amz was saying is that she's not a lesbian ;)
    Does that mean you think I'm cool?

Amz
    Too cool for school

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Willem D wrote:
    Sorry MyCroft do have a vendetta against me , I have to ignore it previously but what is your problem. Sometimes people whom of which are homosexual do nowadays try to shove it in our face a lot more , it dosen't mean to say I have any things against homosexual. It can be annoying if your gay be gay simple as that .
    I find you offensive and annoying.

The increased levels of stress I experience when reading your posts are damaging to my health and as a result cause me to miss work, lose sleep and make me irritable and cranky.

If there was some way of blocking you completely that would make my life so much easier.

You shove your ignorance in our faces, but there's little, or nothing we can do about it. Why don't you go post somewhere that doesn't show up on my radar and my family and friends lives will be made better, my boss will be happier, I'll be a more productive little busy bee, thus paying more taxes and I'll be less of a drain on the economy as I'll be able to refrain from shoving my fist through the computer screen and need hospitalisation after reading some of your posts.

I'm also available for motivational after dinner speeches.

Why I am ignorant please tell me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

That was... Unexpected.

But funny.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

Very funny.Verry funy. Its all very powerful words but no actual proof.
    Williem D is class :p

Advertisement