Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does every advertisement have to be for the queer beers?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Thaed wrote:
    cos a lot of people but the campiness down as attention whoring.

Yes, but a lot of people are complete idiots, too. I wonder is there a correlation?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Paintball ads have been sent to the ad company who should act on them tomorrow.

Then you can all be thought of as gun toting loonies.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

DeVore wrote:

Who wear leather...

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

They are up now in fact.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Excellent, thank you. Their not my best work, but meh, they'll do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

Ads don't really concern me, i have them all blocked. Haven't ever seen a single one.

But it's good that the admins support various events on boards.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

So this is what happens when I've no longer got 'net access at work - I miss threads like these...

I've also been unable to see the ads despite uninstalling Ad Block...

Anyhow, good to see the ads got people's attention and general approval and well done to Joe for spending so much time on them. Hope there's a good solid turnout too - I haven't had a drink since Saturday :/

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

8. I will be back in town and I might wander along to it myself. My hair really wants to go. I wonder how many people will get that in joke

The religious right camp you sent it to didn't work, huh? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,415 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Willem D wrote:
    Yea in reponse to that , I agree the ads are great, and I have nothing against gay people at all. But I will be installing ad-block because it is the little things like this that start said rumours in the workplace.
    Willem D is not gay
    Stark wrote:
    The guys have a point in a way LiouVille, the ad with the 2 guys in leather does look a bit dodgy for people viewing boards in work. And I think what Amz was saying is that she's not a lesbian ;)
    Hang on, syke is a girl, Fobia's a boy, Winters is straight and Amz isn't a lesbian? :confused:
    Well its only this one needs removing imo.
    http://members.boards.ie/liouville/QB2.jpg
    Why only that one? You like the lesbian one?
    Gordon wrote:
    Will DeV's foreskin be there?
    Not this time, prior speaking engagement.
    nesf wrote:
    I find everything about these ads to be offensive. I am opposed to the promotion of fun, pleasure and enjoyment at all levels and through all means.
    You mean gay = fun! :eek: :eek: :eek:
    Deadwing wrote:
    Agreed.
    Nothing says 'tasteful' quite as eloquently as a semi nude gay man bound in leather. Classay.
    Only if he works out and shaves.
    DeVore wrote:
    Like the Mormon(?) guy at the end of One Night at McCool's

gazza22 wrote:
    Ads don't really concern me, i have them all blocked. Haven't ever seen a single one.

But it's good that the admins support various events on boards.
    yeah. Pity you dont support us in return.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

DeVore wrote:
    My hair really wants to go. I wonder how many people will get that in joke :)

:D

toms gay hair:

61870016_small.jpg

I cannot believe the amount of bullsh!t I have read in this thread,
    what is wrong with you people, this isn't the nineteen hundreds, any chance of ye dragging your asses into this century?
    bunch of knuckle dragging troglodyte missing links :rolleyes:

/edit
    troglodyte added in order to humour Ecksor

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Why is 'troglodyte' so difficult to spell?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I don't want DeV's hair there, its so camp, it makes me feel uncomfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

azezil wrote:
    I don't want DeV's hair there, its so camp, it makes me feel uncomfortable.

Nothing wrong with healthy competition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

I heard DeV's hair had been brain-washed by the "ex-gay movement".

Can you brain-wash hair? Shampooed maybe.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Talliesin wrote:
    Can you brain-wash hair?.

Hair are your aerials.
    They pick up signals from the cosmos and transmit them directly into the brain. This is the reason bold-headed men are uptight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

Beruthiel wrote:
    Hair are your aerials.
    They pick up signals from the cosmos and transmit them directly into the brain. This is the reason bold-headed men are uptight.

What's a "bold-headed man". A man who thinks naughty thoughts? Is Willem D bold headed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

Down with ad blockers....I've heard that using Ad Blocking apps on boards.ie makes baby jesus cry (and possibly DeV too)!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

The ads piss me off to be honest. I mean, your browsing the site and in the top you have "All the cool girls are lesbians - Queer Beers" and then the ****ing bottom is two blokes holding hands with QUEER BEERS plastered across it. It brings down the site to be honest.

cheesedude wrote:
    The ads piss me off to be honest. I mean, your browsing the site and in the top you have "All the cool girls are lesbians - Queer Beers" and then the ****ing bottom is two blokes holding hands with QUEER BEERS plastered across it. It brings down the site to be honest.

How tragic. Does it really do you that much damage? (Incidentally, I've yet to see the holding hands one. Does it exist?) Honestly, if you're upset that easily....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

You realise there will probably be a QueerBeers every 10 to 12 weeks if things go according to plan. With hopefully the banner adds up for the week before hand each time. So you're just going to have to get used to them lowering the tone.

Now if you don't mind, I'll go back to reading that thread about masturbation in the workplace.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

cheesedude wrote:
    I am a manic depressive and I live in my closet.

You bring down the site with your moronity.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

amp wrote:
    I am a manic depressive and I live in my closet.

I feel a rant coming on.

cheesedude wrote:
    Yeah, WTF is with the adverts for the Queer Beers saying "Queer Beers"?

Surely there's some way to advertise the Queer Beers without mentioning the phase Queer Beers.

Don't you know that every 2000 times you see the phrase Queer Beers you move up a point on the Kinsey Scale? Is this just a plot to completely replace the Boards Beers with the Queer Beers by making everyone gay?

Queer Beers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Well if I didnt have already have other plans I would be going to the
    Queer Beers.

Not that I am going to score a chick like or to be a fag hag,
    ( see it ok ok Bru I am not after your boards.ie title there).

But there will be good, fun people there that I know,
    that I have meet at other boards.ie events and it would have been
    cool to go and see them.

I am sure there will be other Boardsies there for that same reason.

Thaed wrote:
    Well if I didnt have already have other plans I would be going to the
    Queer Beers.
    You're not going to make it to the Queer Beers?
    Pity, I reckon the Queer Beers should be good this time. You'll be missed, but we'll all have a good time without you.

I'll probably put in an appearance. (That should reduce attendance a bit ;) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

rsynnott wrote:
    I'll probably put in an appearance. (That should reduce attendance a bit ;) )

que the worlds smallest violin

Yeah. I'm not going now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

I'm at a stag party, so i probably won't be able to make it altho i could try and drag my stags to meet the fags...

Advertisement