Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL BB Billing Question

• 14-08-2005 4:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭

Ok my 4 month trial is up with ESAT,IOL whatever they are calling them selves this week, to date Ive got no bill from then and just wondering will I get a bill in the post in a years time looking for payment??? I have seen and read some worrying stories about ppl getting bills up to 2 years later for €900+

just wondering is anyone is the same position as myself

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Monty Cantsin

I just signed up for broadband, line rental and calls with them the other week. Part of the deal now is that they don't send out bills by post - you register online and view them on their website.

Thing is, I haven't received a customer number from them, so I can't register to view my bills. So I phoned them about it, and was told that it would be posted to me "sometime", and in the meantime the "first few months" would be "free or at a reduced rate".

Now obviously I don't believe the last part about the "free or reduced rate" (unless he was talking about the standard special offer they're doing at them moment), but I do reckon it will be a while before I see a bill from them (or have the ability to view a bill), and when it does arrive it will have snowballed into a tidy sum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭tech

ok but they haved taken anything from my Credit card either...............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

My Credit Card has yet to be debited as well!!!

I still cant understand their stupidity of not giving a letter with their equipment stateing your customer/registration number so that everyone can log into their site and view their bills!!!

Still they offer by far the best value DSL bitstream...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Monty Cantsin

Yeah, they've taken nothing from my bank account either...

how long is it after your free trial has ended ??? id rather pay as I go and not get hit with a hugh bill a year down the road??? plus for the trial I signed up for the broadband plus and before my trial ended I rang and spoke to a girl to cancel my broadband + and just give me the normmal package of 1MB and not 2MB, now im still on the 2 MB package so i dunno what to do

• Advertisement

Ok I got a call from Esat today informing me that mt trial had ended and that they would like my credit card details for payment.. I had the Broadband Plus on trial so might drop down to Broadband for €30 a month instead of €40 a month !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Im upgrading to the 2mb package next week, cant wait! The upload speeds
    on the 1mb are terrible.

But IBB have that internet billing thing now but they also bill you every two
    months instead of 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

tbh, unless you're a very heavy user the 1mb package would be better for most people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

Im upgrading to the 2mb package next week, cant wait! The upload speeds
    on the 1mb are terrible.
    Upload speeds are the same on the 2MB package though so there'll be no improvment there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I had the 3 month trial from March 15th, which then turns into a 4th free month when you start the contract. I got a letter in July stating that my first bill date would be August 8th. Got the bill and everything is written down clearly and set to be billed on August 8th. Got my credit card statement the other day, dated Aug 12th and low and behold, no BT charge on it yet. I hope it's not going to be more of the same crap I had with them before :(

Anyway, as for online billing I got my customer number off them over the phone. If you can't get it from customer service try ringing Tech support instead. When I first signed up they set my password, but it didn't work so the Tech guy suggested I register online (using dial-up) and re-set my password. He gave me my customer number which allowed me to do this.

BTW, my first bill contains a small back charge for BB from the end of the trial to the bill date, and then BB charges going forward, plus line rental and calls as I signed up for these too. Of course, they charged me full line rental, not the €10 I'm supposed to get, but supposedly this will be corrected on the next bill. I'll wait and see, but won't be holding my breath. If they attempt to overcharge me a second time I may threaten them with legal action.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

JackieChan wrote:
    Upload speeds are the same on the 2MB package though so there'll be no improvment there.

I was told from a techy from IOL on the phone that the upload speed is doubled.
    Ill have to ring them back again now :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

tech wrote:
    Ok my 4 month trial is up with ESAT,IOL whatever they are calling them selves this week, to date Ive got no bill from then and just wondering will I get a bill in the post in a years time looking for payment??? I have seen and read some worrying stories about ppl getting bills up to 2 years later for €900+

just wondering is anyone is the same position as myself

Give them a ring, I rang them about 2 months ago and I was told that my free trial was just up and the billing would be starting from now, so I rang them again last week and said that i still haven't been billed, apparently I'm due to get my first bill on the 7th September... I'll keep you all posted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I was told from a techy from IOL on the phone that the upload speed is doubled.
    Ill have to ring them back again now :(
    You were told wrong. 128k is the upload for both 1Mb and 2Mb services. Smart are about to launch a 256k upload option and I hope that Eircom upgrades their equipment to allow for higher upload too. Though for 2Mb down, it should be 512k up, 256k up would be fine for 1Mb down.

Advertisement