Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Redz or Q Bar?

• 14-08-2005 4:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭

We're heading into town Friday for a mates birthday and (his choice) he wants to meet in either Q bar or Redz so its central and handy for us to meet up. Ive heard good and bad things about both.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

O dear god why. If I had to choose between the two, probably Q-bar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

tough choice... both equally bad.
    But I'd choose Q-Bar if forced at gunpoint...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Redz is a good laugh. Not my scene at all, but with a few mates I always end up having a good time. And hey, they play the A-Team music!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I was expected a "which would you prefer to burn down" type question when I saw the topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I was expected a "which would you prefer to burn down" type question when I saw the topic.
    Well both, obviously!

Between the two of them, Qbar is better, but its still fairly poor.
    But you're all heading into town anyway, why does it have to be redz or Qbar?
    You could always go somewhere good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

In Q bar for the first time last night complete sausage fest even the bouncers where sayin there was too many blokes.
    got a nice layout, music aint that good. dance floor is a piece of sh1t, women aint that good either beer is nice though.
    ended up leavin and going to Lillies Bordello

Lillies never fails!Its quality!
    That's Qbars crowd for ya!
    Notice theres an unusual amount of people with uni-brows there?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭flowerpotfrog

Funnily enough, i've never had problems getting into Qbar but both times i tried to get into Redz (at 12:30, while it's packed at the weekend) i've been refused straight away.

But I don't like Qbar at all. It's ok if you're with a BIG crowd but if you're with a group of mates, I find the women very unapproachable. the decor and lighting also drives me crazy, it's like a cross between a brothel and a hosptial.

I'd encourage you to try somewhere like hogans on wexford street.

Funnily enough, i've never had problems getting into Qbar but both times i tried to get into Redz (at 12:30, while it's packed at the weekend) i've been refused straight away.
    You're missing nothing.
    But I don't like Qbar at all. It's ok if you're with a BIG crowd but if you're with a group of mates, I find the women very unapproachable. the decor and lighting also drives me crazy, it's like a cross between a brothel and a hosptial.
    The women are unapproachable?As in they're far too ugly to bother approaching them?Cause thats how i found it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭flowerpotfrog

i agree some of them are ugly and seem to just scowl. but, i dunno, in other pubs, like doyles etc. the ppl there seem that if you just went up and started chattting them and you didn't secrete a sense of "fkcking weirdo" they'd be polite. in qbar, some of the chicks look like they want to chop some poor guys cock off if he talks to them. i'm never going there again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

Redz if your friend is having his 16th birthday.
    Q-bar otherwise.

Redz if your friend is having his 16th birthday.
    nice :D

I'd say have a look around town, there's clubs out there that are 100 times better than both Qbar&Redz put together, but again, if it has to be one or the other, Qbar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Richie6904 wrote:
    In Q bar for the first time last night complete sausage fest even the bouncers where sayin there was too many blokes.
    got a nice layout, music aint that good. dance floor is a piece of sh1t, women aint that good either beer is nice though.
    ended up leavin and going to Lillies Bordello

Saturday nite just gone. I was there aswell!! Didnt think it was too much of a sausage fest meself, but I have to say the women are MUCK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Imo, it's the crowd you're with, not the place you go.

I've had a good time in both places, despite the scum, underagers, ****e drinks, ****e music and gowl women.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Mighty_Mouse

Q Bar = €5.20 per pint

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭drunkenfool

They both have to be the worst places in dublin side by side, its perfect cause you can walk past them and get them out of the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

lol :)

Both places suck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭baby*cham*bell

aw you have to go to Redz! its the only place I know of where you can experience claustraphobia, perversion and general uncomfortableness all at once! great night! (sense the sarcasm?)
    went to q bar on wednesday for results night, it was good cos the whole place was basically people i knew!
    wouldn't be bothered with it really unless i was with a huge crowd!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Lilly81

both are crap and should be knocked down. handy location though next to my nitelink so i usually get talked in to going there.

Advertisement