Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting a house.Experiences?

Options
  • 14-08-2005 4:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi there...
    Sorry, the last thread was wrong :D
    I would like to rent a house with 3 other people in Maynooth. Has someone of you also rented a house?(or maybe in the past?) Could you maybe tell me your experiences or do you have some information I should be aware of?
    I would be very thankful for every little information.
    Thank you soooooooo much.
    Have a nice weekend.
    Plumi.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

best bet is if you are a student: get on to the accomodation office in the college.
    if you are not a student, ring the local estate agents or try daft.ie

maynooth is a great town to live in, enjoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

I could name names of people to stay away from when you're renting but I'd probably get banned seeing as you can't say boo on here without getting a warning.

Just be careful and like the Goat one said, I hope you enjoy living here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

Bradys estate agents were really helpful to us. We were in another estate agent in Maynooth (i wont name them) but they were rude, arrogant and extremely unhelpful. Out of complete desperation of looking for somewhere to live we went into bradys and in 5 minutes we had a house for the summer. They are really nice and very friendly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Maynooth

Ah I think I know what estate agent you're talking about Solice, we had the same problem with them.

Maynooth wrote:
    Ah I think I know what estate agent you're talking about Solice, we had the same problem with them.

What was their problem? You would think they would be happy with getting some business. If i could name them here i would but i wouldnt want boards to get in trouble for this particular estate agents terrible and pathetic service

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

would it be cooooooooh nans?

im saying nothing ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Nimrod's Son

I think Brady's* is the way to go.

*Not the pub.

The pub is quiet good too though! But trying to get the co-ops to go there instead of the roost on a thursday night is like trying to draw blood from a stone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Plumi

Hey thank you for your help.
    We found a house we like at daft.ie.We have to contact the people there now.
    Clarebear,who do you mean? Who are these people? If you don't want to say names on the board(which I can understand),maybe you can write me a mail.
    IrishPlumi@aol.com
    And what is Brady?Do they have a site in the internet?
    Thanks again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 -Sparkle

ixus wrote:
    would it be cooooooooh nans?
    Ha, I found people who don't like them either... 'Tis a wonder they're still in business...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

-Sparkle wrote:
    Ha, I found people who don't like them either... 'Tis a wonder they're still in business...

I think I know which ones you're on about. I don't know the name but they were really rude to us before. Think they have a 'No Ticket Sellers' or something like that on their door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 -Sparkle

dory wrote:
    I think I know which ones you're on about. I don't know the name but they were really rude to us before. Think they have a 'No Ticket Sellers' or something like that on their door.
    Dunno if we're talking about the right one here... Starts with C and ends with oonans? That them???

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

-Sparkle wrote:
    Dunno if we're talking about the right one here... Starts with C and ends with oonans? That them???

I never look at names. I'll check it out when I go back there in September.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Lilly81

yes, yes, yes. i dont know anyone that's had a good dealing with them!

o'sullivans are good.

I think they are only in the market for selling big fcuk off houses to rich folk, which would beg the question, what are they doing in a student town?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Lilly81

there's far too many estate agents in this little village.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

eh coonans are looking after the selling of Straffan Wood, Carton Golf Club houses, the new housing estate on Moyglare road of 500 units etc, think of the money Coonan will make from each of those sales and then you might realise why they've no real interest in student accomodation when they'd only get the equivalent of a months rent for all the hassle.

I know what i would do!

Advertisement