Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Can you pick up anybody's license?

Options
  • 14-08-2005 5:29pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭

i was just wondering if i went in with their :

filled up application
    test certificate
    eyesight report
    and their student or gardai ID

Could i pick up their license for them if they were at work; and didnt want to wait about 2-3 weeks to get it in the mail

Im only asking because ill be heading into limerick on monday and i could pick it up and save her the wait?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

No is the answer.

They don't issue licences on the spot anymore, except cork.

Mail is the only way of getting the licence.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

Bond-007 wrote:
    No is the answer.

They don't issue licences on the spot anymore, except cork.

Mail is the only way of getting the licence.

Are you absolutely sure?... is there anyway to officially check, before i leave tommorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

Phone the relevant Motor Tax Office.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

Silvera wrote:
    Phone the relevant Motor Tax Office.

Its a bit late now but yes you can.. some tax offices will say you can, where as other will say you have to mail it in..

It really depends on the tax office and apparently in my area, you can pick one up in person, for you or someone else

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭a_ominous

The 2-3 week wait shouldn't be a problem: my licence recently expired. Was due to expire while on holidays, so I sent it in a month before. Got it back, all information transferred correctly. Bike info has a couple of expiry dates, and B category expires 10 years after old licence.
    If I was asked to produce by gards, I'd tell them it's being renewed and produce at soonest opportunity. No problem.

• Advertisement
Advertisement