Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

God of War blocking?

Options
  • 14-08-2005 6:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Is there any point blocking?

Seems to have fcuk all effect on attacks especially those gimps that spin with the white blade, knock the crap out of me blocking or not.

kdjac

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,401 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Found blocking extremely helpful. You lose no damage if you block and any attack that makes you stagger and leaves you open when you attack is usually easily avoided with evade. the trick is to figure out which method to use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

The standard gimps that come in 4s now they sneaky and go underground are a **** they literally beat me to death by getting round me and doing the flip move even if i block energy gets taken , and the minotaurs too with the big swing.

Hmmm find running away ie evade quite useful tho.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

What, people actually use the block button in action games?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

What, people actually use the block button in action games?

thats like using the brake button in a driving game, blasphemy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Disappointingly, it's entirely possible to finish God of War just by using Block and Quick Jab.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

well, maybe for mario kart :D

but only until you get a 'proper' wheel+pedals, good enough to toe-brake... and play a 'proper' racing game, like LFS S2... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

blocking helps immensly, especially later in the game.

have to say, it does make it very easy though, expecially with the final fight with Ares.

there are some big attacks that can't be blocked, in which case the evade manouveur works wonders to dodge hefty blows.

only took a couple of days of casual play to finish on normal though, but about average for that type of game.
    [align=right]13.16.137.11[/align]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

vibe666 wrote:

only took a couple of days of casual play to finish on normal though, but about average for that type of game.

Seems to be heading that way tbh , might restart on hard.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

At the start of the game you can block fcuk all. The more you power up your blades the more attacks you can block. also when you stagger when you block you can counter attack by pressing square, triangle or R1, depending on whether you've acquired the attacks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,401 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

KdjaC wrote:
    Seems to be heading that way tbh , might restart on hard.

Don't bother. Just finish it and try the evil God mode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

tbh, once i'd finished it on normal mode, i couldn't be arsed working through it again. there were a few things that got on my tits, and i couldn't bring myself to start over.

that might just be me though. ;)

Advertisement