Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyber City OEDO 808

Options
  • 14-08-2005 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭

Have heard Cyber City is quite good. What do other people think. Can't seem to find it on region 2. Does anyone know where I can pick it up, or is it worth geting?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭pingoo

Rabies wrote:
    Have heard Cyber City is quite. What do other people think. Can't seem to find it on region 2. Does anyone know where I can pick it up, or is it worth geting?

Cyber City Oedo is a 3 OAVs based anime. The story is about 3 cons used by the government in order to solve dirty missions. It is pretty basic anime, I have to admit that I really liked it when I saw around 10 years ago but now I watched it recently (recorded from Sci-Fi maybe 3 years ago) and it's not the same. There is no ending or continuation of the story unfortunately. The last episode (with the story with the guy with the white hair) is really boring but the first one (with the highjack of the tower) is pretty cool.

As far as I know it is released on DVD, was definitely released on tape for sure. Maybe your best shot is Forbidden planet in Dublin, or amazon. Could help you look for it on the web but I have absolutely no time now, sorry :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

It is available from some sites on VHS but I'm after a DVD copy if it is worth getting. I have noticed a few copies in region 1 ( i think) but thats it.
    Next time I'm in Dublin might take a look in FB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭pingoo

Rabies wrote:
    It is available from some sites on VHS but I'm after a DVD copy if it is worth getting. I have noticed a few copies in region 1 ( i think) but thats it.
    Next time I'm in Dublin might take a look in FB
    To be honest if you ask me I would say that considering the price that you would pay for it it's probably not worth it. But I saw that in France for example the dvd including the 3 OAVs are sold as one dvd for 30 euros ... it's good price but I don't know if there is any English on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I always thought it was pretty good.

I have the DVD too.. I'll have to check on what region it is.

All 3 of the stories are like little detective stories. And they all end in pretty cool battles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

get it if you can.
    Really enjoyible if a bit dated.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Fitzchivalry

Has anyone bought any of the boxsets available? I was wondering if they had the english version of the opening theme song as oposed to the jap one?

cheers for any info

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Yeah. Manga Video actually put together a pretty good soundtrack that was used in the video release in the 90's, and that was also the version Channel 4 showed on TV.

The DVD I have has the original soundtrack, and it actually isn't as good.

The soundtrack that Manga Video put together is actually on CD, I just came accross the album in my collection the other day and didn't remember buying it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Fitzchivalry

Yeah I have vhs copies manga distrobuted back then as well. The dubbing isnt really that bad either. But you gotta love the opening theme. oedo 808 is def one of the classics of the anime genre

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

Cyper city is really good if you like all the old school anime like wicked city and devilman etc

Not too easy to get hold of on DVD R2 though, i have it on few VHS i have left :P

Advertisement