Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"I could care less"

• 14-08-2005 8:21pm
    Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭

I'm seeing this written all over the place, what the hell?

It's "I couldn't care less", right? I had this same paranoia when loads of people started spelling the word "loser" with a double o, "looser", I didn't know what was going on.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I always thought it was "couldn't" as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

I thought it was "couldn't" too. I was surprised when I saw someone say "I could care less what you think" re-read it a few times and just decided it was some new trend or soemthing.

Although it's probably just people using it incorrectly without realising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

I've heard others use it too, but face it guys, we're just getting old and can't keep up with the new trends!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Who are we old folks to oppose the fast changing tides of youth?

Some light is shed on the affair here.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

It's complete bollocks to say "I could care less", or worse "I don't care less" (sometimes heard in Australia). To suggest that it's a sarcastic twist on the original expression is disingenuous.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

disingenuous

Heh, there's another word being abused of late.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

CuLT wrote:
    Heh, there's another word being abused of late.

perhaps, but not by me.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

perhaps, but not by me.
    No, I assumed you had used it appropriately as if I were to assume otherwise your reply would be moderately insulting!

Advertisement