Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Replacing built in stereo with own cd/mp3

Options
  • 14-08-2005 8:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭

Am in the process of buying an Alfa 147 which comes with it's own cd player, can be controlled by buttons/paddles on steering.

I have a pretty good Sony CD/MP3 in my own car that the dealer isn't bothered about, so I'm going to take it out, and I would like to put in in my new car. It's more that I want to be able to play MP3s than I want to hang on to the player for the sake of it.

The dealer (not an Alfa dealer) said that if I did this, I wouldn't be able to use the steering controls (makes sense I suppose), but is he right?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭drive3331

Blaupunkt do an adapter for controlling their stereos via the vehicles factory fit stalk controls, Blaupunkt

Its worth checking if Sony do a similar adapter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭CCOVICH

drive3331 wrote:
    Blaupunkt do an adapter for controlling their stereos via the vehicles factory fit stalk controls, Blaupunkt

Its worth checking if Sony do a similar adapter.

Cheers.

Can anyone recommend a good ICE place on the NS that would be able to do this sort of thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Have a look at http://www.connects2.com/pdfFiles/english%20PDF/C_2_STALK001_1.pdf - I've used their stuff before and can't fault it. You can buy through www.incarexpress.co.uk - I've used them before too and they're excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭CCOVICH

Thanks Dilbert, that certainly looks like it will do the trick.

Just wonder if the adaptor will be visible or where it goes?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Plugs between the stereo harness and the car harness, goes in behind into the dash. Comes with (sometimes sketchy) installation instructions which will tell you where to pick up the remote control cable - in my old Vectra, it was in the stereo harness. In my Picasso, its under the steering column. Just make sure your head unit has a RMX-4S port to allow you connect. InCarExpress are very helpful with tech queries.

• Advertisement
Advertisement