Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

>> Server Connection Lost <<

Options
  • 14-08-2005 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Im currently on Irishbroadband.ie's 2mb Breeze Product. I can connect to CS:S servers fine, but connecting to BF2 Servers, i get disconnected after a few minutes (it seems to be random). This has happened on all servers ive been on. I have opened up all the ports, closed all background apps, everything runs fine apart from this.

The only thing I can come up with is that some of these ports are not open on the irishbroadband.ie end of the line, does any1 here play BF2 on an Irishbroadband connection and/or some1 who has the same problem as me.

any help would be greatly appreciated, as this is quite annoying.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

i get the same problem about once a day.

It doesn't happen after a few minutes but always
    does happen at some stage during the evening.

Yet i am usually able to reconnect quickly after i
    have been disconnected.

Yes it happens on BF2.

I dont think it has anything go to do with opening
    ports. I think it just simply means that your antena
    just lost connection with the mast for a few seconds
    and then reconnected, although this resulted in being
    dissconnected from the game in BF2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

Try disabling voice comms. Sounds odd, but I consistently get disconnected right after joining maps when it's on and it never happens when it's off.

It's a shame, as the voice comms was really helpful when it worked (ie in the demo).

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭enigma_b17

ok. Since I posted this problem I have performed all manner of problem findin.

(a) trace routes to various servers - all came back with very good times
    (b) UOTrace (a program from EA) - told me that my connection to the server was excellent.
    (c) i have reinstalled windows and bf2
    (d) disabled everything not critical to system operation
    (e) disabled voice comms ingame
    (f) disabled eax ingame
    (g) disabled hyperthreading
    (h) changed processor affiliation to use just 1 processor
    (i) defragged and scandisced my hdd dozens of time
    (j) run as many anti spyware progs as i could find

I have also opened up all ports, put game pc in dmz, when that didnt work i just connected the pc directly to the internet. Since the problem occured again I removed my router as a probable cause.

The only thing left I can think of is that I am getting packet loss between myself and the transmitter.

Advertisement