Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confuzzled Over Meteor Talk Tariffs

• 14-08-2005 9:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭

Just picked up a broucher in Meteor on henry street and it says the Meteor talk packages include ROI and UK calls in your minutes, whereas the Website says ROI only. Which is it??? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭mrblack

I looked at a brochure in the Meteor Henry st shop on Friday evening and it had the UK blacked out with a marker -so I'd say the website is more up to date.

I was thinking about taking on a contract with Meteor to get the SE K750i until I saw the blacked out bits which cheezed me off a bit :( . They are slowly withdrawing their better prices. First it was the PAYG free texts stopped now its UK calls at same rate as Ireland that is withdrawn. They will lose their better value reputation if they keep this up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Yep, UK calls aren't included in your mins anymore. They probably changed their policy after the catalogue had been printed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

What about those of us who already have contracts with them? Do we keep the same price tarrif?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

If your current tarrif plan is Meteor Minutes 75, 200, 350, 1250, 2500 or you signed up to any of the Meteor Talk packages before 31.7.2005 then you get calls to the UK for the same price as Irish mobiles. With Meteor Minutes they are not included in your minutes but are charged at the same per minute rate as Irish mobiles.

If calls to the UK matter to you then it is worth looking at the packages from 3 include 20c day and night calls to all UK landline and mobile numbers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

good ol' Eircom eh?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Fungus wrote:
    If calls to the UK matter to you then it is worth looking at the packages from 3 include 20c day and night calls to all UK landline and mobile numbers.
    Hmm I was ignoring 3 coz I didnt want a 3G phone, and I presumed they would be expensive.

They have a roaming agreement with Vodaphone for 2G coverage right? Are they charged at a roaming rate or at the 20c a min rate?

Edit : Can I complain about Meteor and their false advertising?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

good ol' Eircom eh?

You do know they don't own Meteor yet?

Fungus wrote:

Where did you see this? I looked n their website today and couldnt find it on their pricing any where - UK is charged at normal roaming rates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

Hmm I was ignoring 3 coz I didnt want a 3G phone, and I presumed they would be expensive.

The phones are not extremly expensive. From 29 euro if you go for the higher usage packages.
    They have a roaming agreement with Vodaphone for 2G coverage right?

Yes
    Are they charged at a roaming rate or at the 20c a min rate?

You are charged the same rate while roaming in Ireland with Vodafone as you are with 3.
    Edit : Can I complain about Meteor and their false advertising?

Yes- if they advertised that in store and it is now wrong then you can complain to ASA. I think Comreg should also know as they are breaking the terms of the licence. Their Licence compeled them to offer the Meteor Minute packages as they used to offer. (Although the Meteor Talk packages are better in many respects).
    Where did you see this? I looked n their website today and couldnt find it on their pricing any where

http://www.3ireland.ie/ireland/iexplore/icoverage/networkdetail.omp click on "going or calling abroad".

Sorry fungus - unless I am being dumb all 3 calls to the uk are 49c per min.

http://www.3ireland.ie/ireland/iexplore/ihowmuch/callingabroad.omp?plan=paymon&cid=1116413535699

• Advertisement
Advertisement