Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Championship Manager 2 - Abandonware

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Legal?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Yeah, abandonware is completely legal. Oh man, check out some of the updates in the "changes.txt" file in the zip. Hilarious stuff.

"Keepers now involved in fouls/injuries - they can now get sent off."

Also Available:

Manchester United: The Double

Sensible Soccer

and plenty more on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Borat_Sagdiyev

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Yeah, abandonware is completely legal. Oh man, check out some of the updates in the "changes.txt" file in the zip. Hilarious stuff.

"Keepers now involved in fouls/injuries - they can now get sent off."

Also Available:

Manchester United: The Double

Sensible Soccer

and plenty more on the site.
    Howya, I've gotten it but I can't get it to run. Something about not enough memory???

Any ideas? Its not the machine, I've plenty of memory for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Some of them don't run for me either, I think a dos emulator might be needed, theres a good one called DosBox apparently. I haven't been bothered to try because I'm so hooked on FM05.

Thanks for that, will let you know if it works for me. Cheers.

• Advertisement

That didn't work. It recognises that there is no cd in the drive. I have another version of CM though that I couldn't play prior to this and it works perfectly. :)

Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

CM2 is an entirely DOS based game iirc, so it wont run on XP.
    Well with other programs like Dosbox you may be able to get it to run but it may not be worth the hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Sorry to bring this up, but it works for me if you follow these instructions:
    To install the game, extract the zip file to a directory called c:\cm2. Then run cm2.exe or go.bat to start the game. There are no save games bundled in this size, as it would have increased the file size dramatically -- CM2's save games take about 30 mb each.

The game MUST be installed to the c:\cm2 directory in order to work. If you want to install the game to another drive, eg. d:\cm2, you have to edit the config.dat file so that the settings there match your installation directory.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

The game loads fine for me but the screen comes up all garbled, any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

great game, i remember being addicted to this when i was 12. reminds me of songs like Spice Girls - Wannabe being number one. Crazy.

Anywya, sign palinha and win everything in site.

• Advertisement

In case anyone doesn't know about this cheat, its a must.

When you want to buy a player, offer enough so that the club accepts your offer straight away. Then, go back to the Adjust offer page and bring the offer down to zero, then press cancel.

After agreeing terms, you will find that you've signed the player for free.

Now thats what I call sweet.

Advertisement