Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding copper for heat mod.

Options
  • 15-08-2005 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭

Hi i have decided to do a heat mod to my laptop as to cool it down cause it gets pretty hot when im playing games which i do most of the time.

The mod can be found here http://www.bay-wolf.com/8500videoheat.htm

I have everything except the copper. I need a copper plate 3cm x 3cm x 1.5mm thick.

I have copper at home but its slightly damaged and is only half the thickness necessary. I could glue them together but id like to try and find a proper piece first as to have the best heat conduction.

I was wondering if anyone knows where i could get this piece of copper. Some online supplier or shop. Even if you have some lying around your house id be very greatfull.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

www.dangerdenstore.com sell blocks of copper for DIY use. But if I were you I'd try a few scrapyards first, before I'd go buying a block of copper.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Buying a block of copper is not an option. How am i supposed to cut it.

I have plenty of scrap copper but its not as flat and even as id like. It takes alot of work to get it flattened out. So id like to get my hands on some nice flat smooth copper if i could. The corrent dimensions would be nice too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Scrapyards are your best bet then. Look around for some.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Your not in school by any chance? I remember we always had big sheets of copper in engineering which could easily be cut down. Or if you know some lad in school you could get him to get it for you.

Advertisement