Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

drunken question

• 15-08-2005 12:58am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭

This girl i went to school with for a year. she was mangled the other night in club and was all over me. disappeared close to the end of the night.

question is: is it worth giving her a shot ...or would it just be the same as asking her as if nothing had happened because she was drunk.

i do not have any expectations to be honest. Im just curious because she is a really solid girl and mint to boot

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

let it go, unless she showed interest prior to being drunk then your only kidding yourself

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Prior Of Taize

solid. thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

It's rare that I forget what I've done on a night out, I think it's happened about three times, and each of those times I was horribly drunk... so, if she was only drunk, and not falling around the place, then I'd go for it, I dont think that she would have come onto you if she wasn't even in some small way interested....

Being a guy (i.e. logically inclined) i would have to agree with "Call Me Jimmy" with the leaving it go because its...well...logical.

but because i know her i want to agree with Dizzy :P

well dizzy from his original post he uses the word 'mangled' which sounds pretty much like she would be all over the place. Nice word by the way

• Advertisement

a true Cork word.

i dont drink. i can tell the difference between drunk and sober but i dont know what i would be thinking if i was drunk.

you want it in Logic?
    A = she came onto you
    B = she was drunk
    C = She likes you
    IF
    (A ^ B = C) ^ (A v B = C)
    then C??!
    A => C I think (ooh lord, it's been too long since I did logic in college! (sorry Dr.Creagh!)

just in case I got it all wrong, I was saying
    IF
    (she came onto you AND she was drunk = she likes you) AND (she came onto you OR she was drunk = she likes you)
    then she likes you?
    she came onto you means she likes you!! (well, something along those lines anyway!)

public class whattodo {

if (she likes me) {

me.makeamove();
    girl.reciprocate();
    }

else {

me.getslightlypissedoffbecauseshewasmint();
    me.forgetaboutit();
    }

}

public class whatnottodo{

nothing();

}

at least test the waters, you don't have to go making a fool of yourself, next time you see her out, go up and talk to her as early on in the night as possible, see if her eyes are wandering around spotting talent, or see if she genuinely interested in talking to you, if you're not totally clueless when it comes to women, you'll know before you make a move...

actually that's a good idea, if ye can get talkin to her next time 'in da club' before she's drunk that might be a good idea. (Unless it's real obvious your tryin to get in her pants, then you will probably make a show of yerself)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

Heh funny thread... maybe try writing her a poem in C++?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,280 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

In Vino Veritas ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭johnnyc

nice pseudocode lads..

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Dimitri

public class whattodo {

if (she likes me) {

me.makeamove();
    girl.reciprocate();
    }

else {

me.getslightlypissedoffbecauseshewasmint();
    me.forgetaboutit();
    }

}

Looks better in code tags! Imo just go for it even though you cant use the "I was drunk" excuse if it don't work out its better to regret things you did than regret things you didn't do!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

Simaler thing has happened to me with the same girl several times. She shows loads of inetrest when shes pissed but none sober. Its a real tease cause I`m mad about her, every time something happens when she`s/I`m drunk its instantly forgotten about.

no quick solution to add then Beau? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

Do her, the drink is being used to give her the confidience to try it on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

She clearly likes you.... Whats happening is whats called by the docturs as "Dutch Courage" lol.

Go GG her !!

GG her up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

you really want your first encounter iwth her to be marred , spoiled with drink?
    so that she wakes and remebers and regrets it and bumping into you.

LAck of consent is the same as saying NO.

Thaed wrote:
    you really want your first encounter iwth her to be marred , spoiled with drink?
    so that she wakes and remebers and regrets it and bumping into you.

LAck of consent is the same as saying NO.

That's why we suggested the start of the night? he doesn't have to go to bed with her on the first night, just test the waters, like someone said earlier, alot of the time alcohol can give someone the confidence to say/do what they wouldn't do if 100% sober...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

wouldn't do if 100% sober...

and that is a good idea :rolleyes:

Thaed wrote:
    and that is a good idea :rolleyes:
    it's all to do with confidence... sometimes the dutch courage can be beneficial!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

it's all to do with confidence... sometimes the dutch courage can be beneficial!
    Theres a whole lot of difference between having a few socialable drinks to relax and being flootered.

If you have to have a drink to do something .... well does that make you an alcholic?

Victor wrote:
    Theres a whole lot of difference between having a few socialable drinks to relax and being flootered.

If you have to have a drink to do something .... well does that make you an alcholic?

I though we were just suggesting ways for him to test the waters with the girl! I just feel that in a social atmosphere with no awkwardness would be easier..
    there's different scenarios...
    call her, invite her for coffee/dinner or something like that...
    tell her he likes her.. now there's a few outcomes of this:
      she can like him back and all can be dandy she can tell him she's not interested, but still want to be friends and all goes ok.. she can tell him she's not interested, awkward silence ensues until someone calls her to save her

meet her in a pub that you know she will be in with her friends.
    go over to chat, have friendly conversation, then ask if she'd like to go out sometime (This is HUGELY different to just calling out of the blue to go out)
    there's a few outcomes of this also:
      she says yes, a great night is had by all she says no, still have a good night, she's still chatty she says no, and feels awkward, dirty rotten silence, then, "oh, I have to go over to my friends now", or a quick escape to the loo, then all is ok!

you always need an escape route!! the pub is a good place for this, if drink is involved or not.
    I'm sure there's loads more ways this could happen, but I can't be bothered!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭KlodaX

I wouldn't call her. Would you consider her a shy girl? I'd say she likes you I wouldn't argue that... but does she want you? If she is shy the drink could be a way for her to get what she wants. If she isn't she could just have been hammered and taking what she likes. Actually no .. I retract my initial statement ... ask her out ... if she says no then you are better off without her.... and shouldn't feel bad about it. If she says yes she really did want you. You don't want someone who takes what they like when they are drunk ... they'll probably end up cheating on you.

not sure if that was clear

like - I fancy abit of that, screw him or tomorrow I'm plastered now.
    want - ok I can do this, the drink if finally giving me the courage to come onto him, I hope he still likes me tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

no quick solution to add then Beau? :D

Yeah sorry that post probably came across a bit self obsorbed. I was just showing you my situation and the fact that its just drunkeness and nothing real for her. Might or might not be the same for you. I have no soloution, I enjoy when shes mad for me (In a holding myself back kinda way of course) but its still a bit annoying. I`m not that bothered to be honest.

Advertisement