Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clay Pigeon Shooting in Co. Kildare?

Options
  • 15-08-2005 8:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hey,

Can anyone tell me if there are any good clubs around Co. Kildare for Clay Pigeon Shooting? My bf is a member at Courtlough Shooting Grounds in Balbriggan but he is looking for somewhere closer to home. He lives in Kildare town so anywhere around here would be good.

Can anyone help?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 the_hunter

Hi, I live in Clane and am having the same problem! I am too a member of Courtlough but it takes so long to get there! I have gone to Charlie O'Neill's Equestrian Center on the Barberstown Castle Road and I found it good, but expensive. I also want to find a Club in kildare! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

There are none that have a shooting grounds similar to Courtlough, the clubs in the Kildare area all tend to be geared towards rough shooting.
    There is a small shooting grounds outside Nurney but I am not 100% sure if it is open to public use. Give me a few days on it and I will get back to you about it. I know there was a club trying to open a shooting ground but had problems with planning. You should get in touch with Kildare Regional Game Council. They might be able to help ya out on it some more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

Theres hilltop depending on whereabouts could be closer but i doubt it its in newtown mountkennedy south of bray

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭damanloox

Sorry for bringing this up in such an old post but... has anything changed in this matter ie. are there any clay pigeon shooting clubs in co. Kildare...?

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭jb88

So If you live in Kildare Town, about 5 miles out the road is Harbour House with one of the best clay ranges in Ireland, along with Archery and Gallery Rifle.
    Go through Nurney and keep on that road until you see a pub on your right, turn right and continue for about a mile and on your right hand side is Harbour House, the sign says ask for Tommy, with his phone number and I am sure a tour can be arranged.
    There have been Leinster League matches held there recently for Clay shooting.
    In addition to hosting the Gallery Rifle International Matches for several years and some National Archery competitions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Brasros

Harbour house outside Athy has a good club range, well worth the visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭damanloox

Thanks! Do you know if they are open for membership...?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

damanloox wrote: »

They are always open for new members.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Under my posts you'll find links to all the ranges in Ireland and all the Clay pigeon ranges in Ireland. It covers location, openin times, membership, fees, disciplines, etc.

I've split them up. The ranges are ones that doe a bit of everything, rifle, pistol, shotgun, etc.

The clay ranges deal exclusively with clay pigeons only. So be sure to check out both.

I'd start with the range thread.

Ranges in Ireland
    Clay ranges in Ireland.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭jb88

damanloox wrote: »
    PM d you the contact details, they are open pretty much 7 days a week.

• Advertisement
Advertisement