Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moving to letterkenny

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

Avoid the Long Lane area.

Are you a student or working?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Ronan Keating

Yes. Avoid Long Lane and stay on the westside of the Swilly if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 rexel21

salonfire wrote: »
    Avoid the Long Lane area.

Are you a student or working?

I'll be working. Although will be commuting between dungloe and ballybofee.
    I ve seen plenty of places round carmogonagh but the fact there is so many vacant places i dont fancy living in a ghost town!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Klim

Yes. Avoid Long Lane and stay on the westside of the Swilly if you can.

Though definitely, definitely NOT The Westside Apartments, which are beside the Swilly.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭foggy

rexel21 wrote: »
    I'll be working. Although will be commuting between dungloe and ballybofee.
    I ve seen plenty of places round carmogonagh but the fact there is so many vacant places i dont fancy living in a ghost town!

When you're looking at houses just bear in mind that the snow here the last two winters was awful.. getting into and out of some estates was practically impossible. It's just if you're going to be commuting you'd be better off getting some estate close to the main road.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭mikedone

Oaklands the first estate in Gortlee. My mate lived there for a while and it's a nice quiet estate also close enough to town that you can walk in if you fancy a few beers.

Advertisement