Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS2 Repair

• 15-08-2005 9:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭

how easy is it to fix a PS2 that is not reading discs ?

nothing appearing on screen.
    i can hear the disc spinning and the PS2 in overdrive trying to read the disc.

maybe a laser problem ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Try a dvd lens cleaner. If it's something more serious, you're better off getting a cheap second hand one, they can be quite expensive to get repaired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭derv

that's what i was thinking but there are not many people out there selling just the console.

i'll try the dvd cleaner though

cheers for the help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Might be worth your while getting in touch with Sony for a list of repair agents too. Your local Sony Centre should have a list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

If you don't get it fixed, I'd be interested in buying it from you as the case on mine is melted (don't ask :-))
    Is the casing ok? door opening/closing ok?
    Anyway, let me know, thanks.

yeah everything is perfect ... case .. door etc
    i will see what i can do with regards repairing it first. or buying a new one.

it's my little cousins console so i'll have to consult him.
    i wouldn't mind but i sold mine here about 2 weeks ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

No worries, hope you get it fixed for him.
    If you don't, give me a shout.

will do man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭IceHawk

If you're still looking for a repair after that, try googling "repair Disc Read Error PS2" You should get a lot of hits, as this is a fairly common problem on early versions of the PS2.
    I fixed mine by opening the case and cleaning the lens with rubbing alcohol, but look at some of the online fixes before trying this as they have pics and make it fairly simple.

Advertisement