Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heating Timer

Options
  • 15-08-2005 11:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right place but sure i'll give it a whack.

Got a Grasslin Towerchron QE2 controller for my heating (quite popular i believe) but recently lost the manual, before i had time to read it! Has anyone got the same controller that could give me a crash course on how to use it?

Basically i know obviously how to turn it on etc... just not sure how to set it to come on at certain times, i think i figured it out only it never saved the times i put in.

Thanks a mill.
    Graham

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

oh you f***ing beauty...

thanks Lex, your a gem for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

don't thank me, thank my friend g:eek:gle

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Folks ,
    Any idea the cost of buying one of these head units and where would be the cheapest place to get one ? Fella that plumbed my house tells me that a problem we're having at the minute is down to the Towerchron being fcuked. We're only in the bloddy house since last August so not overly impressed by it's reliability.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

From memory about €70 for a dual (heating / hot water) timer.

If you're only in the house for 3 months I'd be getting after the electrician to replace and diagnose the reason it went if it's other than a faulty unit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

From memory about €70 for a dual (heating / hot water) timer.

If you're only in the house for 3 months I'd be getting after the electrician to replace and diagnose the reason it went if it's other than a faulty unit.

Tis indeed that one. We're 14 months in the house so won't be chasing the sparky for it. I don't wanna be spending money needlessly but the plumber said it was the head unit that was faulty so I'll go with that.

Thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Forgot to add, the likes of CT Electric (on Sean Mulvoy Rd?) will stock them.

(I note your giving Galway as your location).

Advertisement