Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is your Death Row Meal? - Threads Merged

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭JungleBunny

good point :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Gross Halfwit

I would order a machine gun.

And a cheeseburger...just in case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I would order a machine gun.

And a cheeseburger...just in case.

Lol....no dessert?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

Lasagne, potatoes and a glass of coke.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Salt and Chili Prawns with Thai sweet and sour sauce, and rice. And a bottle of Kolsch. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭IceHawk

A very fine rare steak, pepper sauce, mashed potatoes, green beans, carrots and milk.

And forr dessert... a double decker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Triton

Battered Burger and Chips from Macaris!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Huge steak, well done, gravy, inions, garlic spuds and sweetcorn. Savage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Gross Halfwit

Lol....no dessert?

With any luck I'll be deserting the Prison!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Anything from El Paso in Howth, failing that Christmas dinner, which must be cooked by my mother! With chicken instead of turkey.

As someone else said cherry coke to drink.....love that stuff!

For dessert hmmm crepes from France with nutella :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,255 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Does anyone else find that website pretty sad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭IrishManSaipan

Right, you are wrongfully accused of a crime whilst holidaying in a country that operates the death penalty.

Before they carry out the deed, the offer you one last meal. Whatever you want. No holds barred.

What would you go for?

Me......

Starter: Tomato and red pepper soup. Served with some nice freshly baked Italian bread.

Mains: Fillet steak, garlic potatoes, roasted veg and pepper sauce on the side. A portion of both home made chips and onion rings.

Dessert: Apple pie with ice cream.

Drinks: Bottle of vodka, two litres of coke and a jug of iced water.

Digestif: Smoke and a nice pint of Czech lager.

Id leave this world with a smile painted on my face.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭heffomike54

Right, you are wrongfully accused of a crime whilst holidaying in a country that operates the death penalty.

Before they carry out the deed, the offer you one last meal. Whatever you want. No holds barred.

What would you go for?

Me......

Starter: Tomato and red pepper soup. Served with some nice freshly baked Italian bread.

Mains: Fillet steak, garlic potatoes, roasted veg and pepper sauce on the side. A portion of both home made chips and onion rings.

Dessert: Apple pie with ice cream.

Drinks: Bottle of vodka, two litres of coke and a jug of iced water.

Digestif: Smoke and a nice pint of Czech lager.

Id leave this world with a smile painted on my face.

Heroic Effort!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,412 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I thought it was a bit basic tbh.
    I mean, that would be pretty common for a lot of people for a regular meal out.
    I mean soup, steak and apple pie.

I'd have to think about it, but I'd certainly go with all sorts of bizarre stuff. Partly to get in any food i've never tried, partly to hopefully waste time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭bp1989

Mellor wrote: »

I'd have to think about it, but I'd certainly go with all sorts of bizarre stuff. Partly to get in any food i've never tried, partly to hopefully waste time :D

Wouldn't you be better off to go with something you're sure you'd love? Nothing like a bad-tasting last meal :pac:

As for myself, I wouldn't bother going with anything to exquisite, it'd just be some of the foods I never let myself eat, such as pizza, heart-attack inducing amounts of peanut butter, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Can I get a buffet? I don't know if I'd be able to choose!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

For my mass murder spree my feed would be:
    Starter: Chicken wings out of eddie rocket's,a portion to feed about 4 people. Perhaps a side of nice bruschetta with onions,mozerella,sun dried tomatoes and a balsalmic vineger drizzle.
    Main: 2x Dover sole stuffed with crab and prawns in a cream sauce. It's delicious. Served with garlic and cheese potatoes,sweetcorn,chips and grilled peppers,onions and carrots.
    Desert: Has anyone been to the cheesecake factory in America? They are simply the best cheesecakes in the world,huge portions. Served with haagan dasz vanilla ice cream. Sucha a difficult choice but I would go for a slice of the
    Chocolate Raspberry Truffle®-Layers of Chocolate Cake, Chocolate-Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake, Chocolate Mousse and Chocolate Ganache.
    May also have a slice of the
    Snickers® Bar Chunks and Cheesecake-Snickers Bar Baked right into Our Creamy Cheesecake and Topped with Fudge and Caramel.
    I'd die on a tent.
    http://www.thecheesecakefactory.com/menu/Cheesecake/

To drink: With my meal perhaps a Kopperberg berry one. I don't like beer while eating. After I would have a few pints of Smithwicks and perhaps a glass of Bailey's.

Hmmm… Mine wouldn't be anything too fancy either. But I think I'd have this on my buffet:

DEFO would involve a really good fish & chips
    A striploin steak with béarnaise sauce with proper French frites
    A croque Madame
    Buttery mash potato
    Mac & cheese
    Chorizo cooked in red wine
    Eden smokies
    Lots of proper French bread
    A Big Mac
    Devilled kidneys and maybe throw in some calves liver
    Cheese fondue
    Rhubarb Eton mess with chewy meringues

To drink:
    A bottle of nice Prosecco to start
    Chocolate milkshake from Eddie's
    Schneider Weisse Crystal
    And an Austrian Grüner Veltliner

To finish: A selection of cheeses & pates. Including some of the ripest camembert (I want it talking)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭IrishManSaipan

Mellor wrote: »

Aye, simple basic comfort food. The time for trying exoctic cuisine is when out for a meal with friends. Not a couple of hours before you are hooking up with ould sparky.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,525 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

olaola wrote: »
    Schneider Weisse Crystal
    I like your choice of beer, however, I would prefer to go for Trappist Westvleteren 12. Not only would you be treated to arguably the best beer ever made, but you would prolong your life for several years, while your jailers queued outside the abbey to try to aquire a bottle. The monks might even pray for a speedy passing through purgatory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,412 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

bp1989 wrote: »
    Wouldn't you be better off to go with something you're sure you'd love? Nothing like a bad-tasting last meal :pac:
    Aye, simple basic comfort food. The time for trying exoctic cuisine is when out for a meal with friends. Not a couple of hours before you are hooking up with ould sparky.

Ah you missed my point.
    I wasn't saying only exotic stuff. the old reliables are there too, but I'd include all sorts of extra (seeing as there is no limit)

Eg, instead of simply fillet steak. I'd get a fillet trio from a french restuarant (fillet beef, buffalo, Ostrich), instead of a smoke, i'd be a smoke and a cuban etc

Give me a bit to work on one, then you can rip it apart. :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Oh God, I could never choose. I would get all flustered and start panicking with the anxiety of not knowing what I wanted. Then I'd probably blow a fuse and they would put me in an asylum instead where I would live out the rest of my days eating cold lumpy porridge thinking 'why o why didn't I just say Elephant & Castle wings??'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭brick tamland

I'd keep it simple

a big old bucket of KFC, Chips and Gravy

WindSock wrote: »
    Elephant & Castle wings??'

I forgot to add these to by buffet table!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Kerikosan

Id go For some home cooking,

something i had when i was a child with my parents, not KFC or sumthing bought out of a fast food joint.

My mom's Steak Casserole, with Dumplings, and buttery mash would be heaven.

To drink- Frigging Huge coke :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

bp1989 wrote: »
    Kerikosan wrote: »
    Id go For some home cooking,

something i had when i was a child with my parents, not KFC or sumthing bought out of a fast food joint.

I was reading about last meals a while back, for executions in Texas (which tends to have rather alot of them). Anyway it seems that inmates almost invariably go for comfort food or things from their childhood rather than anything fancy. Popular choices are things like cheeseburgers with fries, meatloaf, milkshakes etc.

I really don't know what I'd choose, would depend what I was in the mood for. I'd probably go for something like a really good burger with some nice homemade fries, some good onion rings, fried chicken and some lamb skewers a la zaytoon. Might as well pig out since you're gonna be dead soon anyway. That would be liable to change though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

If I escaped the first time it would be some sort of Chinese buffet.

Starters:Spring rolls
    prawn toast
    Chicken satay
    Chicken and sweet corn soup

Mains:
    A lovely chicken curry with onions and peas only
    Prawn Szechuan
    House Special Black Bean
    Singapore Chow Mein

Sides: Fried Rice
    Noodles
    Chips

Drinks:
    2 Litres of Fanta Exotic

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭mrsberries

Oh I have thought about this before - im definitely going for something stodgy and comforting - lasagne! Maybe a side portion of potato gratin and some tiramisu to finish...with a bottle of Italian Red....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

I'd choose:

Fresh baguette with salted Brittany butter.
    Burger king cheeseburger, fries, coke.
    Tub of Ben & Jerrys Choc Fudge Brownie ice-cream.
    Bottle of José Cuervo gold tequila.
    Cake with a file in it.

There's an article about an inmate who used to cook these meals and subsequently wrote a book about his experiences. One nice thing about it is how he shows a genuine desire to make their last meal enjoyable:
    'One man ordered butter beans which was difficult to prepare, but it was something his mum made him when he was a kid and I knew it would take him back to a time when it was peaceful. So I cooked them real slow. There was this little old black guy - a prisoner named Monroe who walked up and smelt the cooking and said: "Mmm, I love butter beans, who they for?" and I said, "Well, Monroe, they're for the guy they're fixin' to kill". And he said: "Mmmm, don't want no dead man's beans, I got enough problems".'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

I'd have a perhaps unusual combination:

starter: crab terrine
    main: cottage pie (made by my mum)
    dessert: creme brulee & chocolate fondant

Advertisement