Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is your Death Row Meal? - Threads Merged

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Intox

Starters:
    creamy thick veg soup with mini buttered rolls

mains:
    medium rare large fillet steak
    buttered mash and roast potatoes
    diced cabbage seasoned with salt and black pepper
    pint of coke with ice

dessert
    Belgian chocolate profiteroles on a nest of HB vanilla icecream with whipped cream

not very imaginative right now but im interested to see what others come up with.

+ 1 for anyone who would splurge on mcdonalds as a last meal:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Starter:

Fois Gras on toast of some nature.

Prawns/Shrimp cooked 5 ways with dips.

Sticky fall apart BBQ ribs.

Main

Slow cooked lamb (perhaps shanks)

A side of 1kg Buffalo wings with Blue cheese dip

Some popcorn chicken,

Some lamb chops, about 15.

Dessert

Whiskey Cake
    Ice cream sunday with cynaide.

Drinks

A couple of bottles of Barolo and a few beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Swampy wrote: »
    Starter:

Fois Gras on toast of some nature.

Prawns/Shrimp cooked 5 ways with dips.

Sticky fall apart BBQ ribs.

Main

Slow cooked lamb (perhaps shanks)

A side of 1kg Buffalo wings with Blue cheese dip

Some popcorn chicken,

Some lamb chops, about 15.

Dessert

Whiskey Cake
    Ice cream sunday with cynaide.

Drinks

A couple of bottles of Barolo and a few beers.

Jesus if you ate all that there'd be no need to bother with lethal injection as you'd probably explode!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

aidan24326 wrote: »
    Jesus if you ate all that there'd be no need to bother with lethal injection as you'd probably explode!

That's the plan!! Though in fairness i'd probably give it a good shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

Starters:
    Lots of good fresh Italian bread with homemade pesto, olive tapenade and loads of cured Italian meats.
    Main: A pizza from Vicenza in Italy, with salame and loads of black pepper.
    Jalapeno poppers, carrot and parsnip mash, some amazing chips covered in salt and vinegar and a battered sausage with some steak sauce for good measure. Throw in some beef jerky and cheetos too.
    Dessert:
    New York Cheesecake with fresh fruit compote, McDonalds apple pie with a chocolate sundae, jamaican ginger cake with custard, espresso gelato, terry's chocolate orange, peanut butter and jelly sandwich, bowl of cinnamon grahams and some cap'n crunch berries cereal.

Drinks:
    Grape soda, Diet coke with lime, Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime, a fresh Mojito and a really nice coffee milkshake or a strawberry one out of Eddie Rockets.

Hopefully after ingesting that ridiculous amount of food, I'd die by my own hand and not some corrupt government's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Iano_128

If you were told you were going to die, or the world was going to end etc etc, and you were told you could have any meal you wanted as your last, what would it be?

Mine would have to be some chicken wings with blue cheese sauce for starter, a massive steak covered in pepper sauce and sauteed onions and a knickerbocker glory for dessert!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

What you've described there would be a typical death row last meal choice I'd say, not sure what that says about you:p

I would leave it in the hands of the chef at whatever restaurant was currently considered the worlds best, maybe NOMA, alternatively it would be a Sushi tasting session at Japan's most expensive restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Iano_128

Yeah I'd agree the oul steak and pepper sauce would probably be your typical death row meal, but I had that exact meal (minus a different dessert) in the Spur Steakhouse there in Liffey Valley the other day and I don't think I've ever been more satisfied when it came to food! Their blue cheese sauce was ten times nicer than any i've ever had and the steak was great as always :).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Oooh, I think deep fried brie or mozzarella for starters, followed by a nice roast turkey dinner with stuffing, roast carrots and parsnips and spuds, and gravy. Dessert - hmmm, I'm thinking some nice bread and butter pudding with custard. And if the option is there, some excellent coffee and Turkish Delight to finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

A KFC Family Bucket all to myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

Big soggy chips dowsed in salt and vinigar. Dosnt matter what else you like to eat, if you end up a soul floating around, this is what youd miss. (No, I don't run a chipper :))

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Prawns to start, jumbo king prawns flash fried in seriously garlicky oil, with crusty bread.

Surf and turf for main, with medium-rare steak, more prawns, dripping with garlic butter (see a pattern? :D), served with lightly battered crispy onion rings, chips, mashed potatoes, carrots, fried onions and mushrooms.

Dessert is a tricky one. Probably a warm, gooey chocolate brownie with vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of caramel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

big mac and fries was the most common ordered death row meal I heard.
    In reality they have a limited budget, so it's never as romantic as the movies would let on. I would like to know if the budget was unlimited would maccy d's still top the list.

My choice would probably be exactly the same as op. really spicy wings, a huge rump steak with triple cooked chips and pepper sauce. maybe not a knickerbocker glory, but some kind of ice cream desert.

I went to an awesome shop in germany when I was a kid that was kind of an ice-cream restaurant. was regular "food menu" but all made from ice-cream. they made an ice-cream pizza there, wafer base, and strawberry ice-cream sauce, vanilla ice-cream cheese, and lots of toppings made from ice-cream and sweets. I would make them find the guy who made that and re-create it (i was about 7, so there is a very good chance I dreamt it up)
    if not that then a bucket of cream eggs.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Threads merged.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

I'll have a cucumber sandwich. Crust off.
    Don't think I'd have any appetite for anything big if I'm about to walk down the green mile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭YumCha

What you've described there would be a typical death row last meal choice I'd say, not sure what that says about you:p

I would leave it in the hands of the chef at whatever restaurant was currently considered the worlds best, maybe NOMA, alternatively it would be a Sushi tasting session at Japan's most expensive restaurant.

Just fyi - 2 former chefs from NOMA have taken over the old Eden in Meeting House Square...

My death row meal would be my mum's chilli chicken, dahl, pork curry, and raita with roti and yellow rice...

However if it had to be something ordered from somewhere I'd go some kind of pasta with a whole wedge of parmesan cheese grated in - I'm lactose intolerant and I'd be eating all the dairy possible if I knew I didn't have to wake up with the consequences :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Chicken wings to start.

10 ounce fillet stake, medium rare, with bacon wrapped pawns, crab claws and thick cut chips.

Pavlova with caramel ice cream

With a banana milk shake

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 17,042 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Mrs Fox wrote: »
    I'll have a cucumber sandwich. Crust off.
    Don't think I'd have any appetite for anything big if I'm about to walk down the green mile.

Surely a Pimm's cup to go with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Surely a Pimm's cup to go with that?

A cup of tea with a slice of lemon would be just fine :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

I went to an awesome shop in germany when I was a kid that was kind of an ice-cream restaurant. was regular "food menu" but all made from ice-cream. they made an ice-cream pizza there, wafer base, and strawberry ice-cream sauce, vanilla ice-cream cheese, and lots of toppings made from ice-cream and sweets. I would make them find the guy who made that and re-create it (i was about 7, so there is a very good chance I dreamt it up)

You almost definitely didn't dream that up, German ice-cream shops rock! My own dinner-as-icecream favourite is Spaghetti Eis

tumblr_m4asr1P4AE1r589b7.jpg

My last meal would probably be carnitas with guacamole, bbq ribs, crackling, buffalo wings, lots of bread, my Mam's roast beef & spuds roasted in beef dripping. Lots of burnt crispy bits of meaty things. Mojitos & Frozen Margaritas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

You almost definitely didn't dream that up, German ice-cream shops rock! My own dinner-as-icecream favourite is Spaghetti Eis

Yes, that looks exactly the type of thing on the menu. was amazing as a kid.

Advertisement