Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Premier Broadband Anyone?

• 15-08-2005 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

You may remember i posted asking about Digiweb some time back?
    Anyways they came they tested and said NO! even though i live only 2miles from the transmitter and have a very good line of sight of the town.
    In my opion there transmitter is way to low and almost hidden where they have it, even the guy that came out said as much, rude as he was.
    Anyways last night i found a few web sites but the one that stood out for me and where im living was a group called http://www.premierbb.ie and was hopeing that maybe some one uses them or knows a little about there services? I.ve just droped them an email to see if i have covarge as they work a mesh network which when reading seems to be a good solution in the country side, any toughts? the speeds are a little on the slow side and no p2p networking which is a little fachist and the no voip a little backward1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

Hi John,
    The website is curently in need of some updating. Speeds are double what they are on the website. The provider does not have its own voip service, but voip works through it just fine Blueface, etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭sharingan

They could probably run a spellchecker on their site while they are updating it.

It seems odd that their packages list p2p/voip as 'unavailable' they can only realistically do that by active port blocking.

Bandwidth 'unlimited' is incorrect - they list it correctly as 256/512. When they say BW unlimited they are meaning cap ...

again, will need to see how this crew develops, what areas they operate in etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

Personially I couldnt trust an ISp that keeps their webpage in a shabby condition as it can be one of their main selling points in a very aggressive market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭sharingan

It seems like a very small outfit, they seem to be only servicing rural towns that probably can't get any other form of broadband. In that sense its welcome, though I am curious as to how their backbone is done.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 bob32

what is all the bitchen about? im a user of premierbb for 3 months now and have had no probs whit them i live over 4 miles from there access point ????????? oh yeah there website is out of date now my BB dont work ah well maybe when they update there website my BB will come back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭johnplayerblue

Thats good to hear bob as it may well be my very last chance of getting BB where i am! What are ur ping times like? can u post a screen shot? what are speeds up and down and how is it for gameing? also do you use Voip as it's a issue for me, in that id like very much if it worked?
    4 miles is a long way from the transmitter/Ap, what frequency/technology do they use

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Hi all.

Just giving this thread a bump, as I'm looking for more info on Premier too.
    I'm getting no answer to e-mails, and the phone number on the website (0818 300 147) is 'currently out of service' according to the recorded message. :(
    Doesn't look too good TBH, but like johnplayerblue, these guys look like my only chance of getting some sort of reasonably priced broadband. :(
    Digiweb have coverage of both Portlaoise and Mountrath, but I fall somewhere in the middle. Arse!

I'm with Digiweb on satellite broadband at the moment, which is mostly okay in its own right I suppose, but it'd be nice to quarter my costs while doubling my speed.

Advertisement