Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Order... How much longer?!

• 15-08-2005 1:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭

Ordered online in first week in July.
    A Sales rep rang back a couple of days later to confirm details - said I could expect with 2 weeks.

No sign within 2 weeks - rang back and told go-live date was Aug 9th, and could expect modem then.
    No sign of modem by Thursday last... rang Thur eve and they said it looked like a modem had been dispatched. They said they'd resend for delivery Fri or today.

Still no sign... rang today to find out my line is now status amber and not suitable yet. The need to wait for eircom to make line suitable by Aug 29th... if not, they'll send out a technician.

I seem to be told something different each time I ring - you think its worth emailing someone higher up?
    Will probably be waiting the guts of 2 months now from order....
    (I've ended my contract on dial-up and that closes next week, so this is gonna screw me up)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

yeah, I ordered in mid july, looking on the bt site, the "action status" of my order is "none"
    whatever the hell that means

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

parasite wrote:
    yeah, I ordered in mid july, looking on the bt site, the "action status" of my order is "none"
    whatever the hell that means
    Have you rung them yet to confirm a "go-live" date?
    I rang them so many times in-between to chase up... and each time would be different.
    Give the broadband team a call on 1800 923 923

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Splendid

I've been ringing all day. There's no answer.
    It just rings and rings and rings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

complaints@btireland.ie would be where you should direct your complaint to anyway. I've no idea how good or bad this dept is but I currently have a complaint in since last Wednesday, got a reply the following day saying they would resolve it as soon as possible but haven't heard anything since.

Good luck.

Splendid wrote:
    I've been ringing all day. There's no answer.
    It just rings and rings and rings.
    really?
    Did you ask for sales (option 1) then Broadband (1 again)?
    I usually get through no problem... my problem is when they pick up! :D

I thought it would at least put you on hold with music and the option of an automated phone-back.

Also - they seem to go on lunch between 12:30 and 2.00...harder to get them then

• Advertisement

That could be where i'm going wrong.
    I was choosing option 3 (Query about a current order)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

I ordered several weeks ago. Now according to the website my order is complete. I've been given a live date of before 24 August.

YOU HAVE TO PHONE THEM UP AND KEEP HASSLING THEM.

My Eircom account number didn't match or something like that the first time I phoned. Then they said I needed a deposit. Then when I phoned again I didn't need one. Then they said my BB would go live last week. Then I phoned up and was told it wouldn't go live until the latest 24 August.

They are a shower of muppets. I was on hold about 4 hours in total throughout the order process and used up several lunch hours trying to get through to them without any luck...

X

Same problem that i'm having now.
    Have paid the deposit, now they're saying the eircom number doesn't match, but it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭MickeyD

i had a smiliar problem. I ordered my broadband around the 10th of June and I only got connected the other day. Their system is really bad. I could tell you what i had to go through but I dont think you'd believe it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Gegerty

Xcellor wrote:
    Now according to the website my order is complete.
    X

How do you check your status online?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

IMHO their help/support department people are badly trained or use very outdated systems(blame middle management!).

I had a terrible time getting BT originally.
    It took 2 months of 6 or so phone calls before it finally arrived on the 3rd start date they gave me.

But after having their service for 6months and getting probable the best value 2Mb bitstream DSL available.....I must say I'm very very happy with their service!!!

214kBytes/13KBytes(Dl/Ul) for €40 a month living in west Cork is pretty damn good, especially when their download CAP is shall we say more flexible than that of UTV!!!

So I say, with hand on heart, stick with it and get BT BB!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

You really do have to give them time because they are so slow. I ordered my bb on the 20th of june and didnt get it till the 26th , but now I am like Zuma about have 205kilobytes/13bytes.

Willem D wrote:
    You really do have to give them time because they are so slow. I ordered my bb on the 20th of june and didnt get it till the 26th , but now I am like Zuma about have 205kilobytes/13bytes.

erm 6 days is pretty damn fast. Can anyone tell me how you check your order status online? I'm sick of ringing them

Gegerty wrote:
    How do you check your status online?
    Go onto esat.com and click Register link, then you will get your account set up. That's how I did it.

X

Gegerty wrote:
    erm 6 days is pretty damn fast. Can anyone tell me how you check your order status online? I'm sick of ringing them

I wouldn't trust online too much...

It said my order was cancelled until several phone calls, then it went from "In progress" to "Complete"

So I am expecting BB to be on this week :)

X

Xcellor wrote:
    Go onto esat.com and click Register link, then you will get your account set up. That's how I did it.

X

It says it's for customers only, you need a customer account no. Never mind I'll keep ringing, seems I have to anyway to get them to move on.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

It took over 2 weeks for BT to decide not to give me broadband as I was in rented accommodation. The account dept apparently rejected my application. Then they said it was rejected as they didn't get enough details from me, which wasn't my fault. Then, they said I'd need to pay 125eur deposit. A phonecall the next day said I didn't, but to another person who said they'd appeal the rejection etc etc.. So I told them to cancel my application, I rang Eircom and have DSL after 6 working days! \o/

Eircom's dearer but it was less hassle!

Gegerty wrote:
    It says it's for customers only, you need a customer account no. Never mind I'll keep ringing, seems I have to anyway to get them to move on.

As far as I recall you get sent the customer number when you sign up with BB online... maybe you didn't signup online.

Oh by the way my wife just asked me for my username and password so I believe that means the router must have come :D w00t w00t w00t heh. sorry that's sad but couldn't help it!!!

X

byte wrote:
    It took over 2 weeks for BT to decide not to give me broadband as I was in rented accommodation. The account dept apparently rejected my application. Then they said it was rejected as they didn't get enough details from me, which wasn't my fault. Then, they said I'd need to pay 125eur deposit. A phonecall the next day said I didn't, but to another person who said they'd appeal the rejection etc etc.. So I told them to cancel my application, I rang Eircom and have DSL after 6 working days! \o/

Eircom's dearer but it was less hassle!

I got the same crap, because I was renting yada yada,,, as far as I'm concerned if you are paying with Direct Debit you shouldn't need a deposit. ESB tried to charge me a deposit but only if I wasn't going DD. I told Esat that was unacceptable. The next day I phoned the requirement for a deposit was not there anymore... and the person I talked to had no idea about it

X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

I ordered in July & got modem & connected within 9 days..
    send an email to..
    bill.wc.murphy@bt.com
    He will sort it. I had an issue viewing certain sites & the muppets kept telling me it was my firewall.After emailing bill it was sorted in an hour..It is worth waiting for. I am on the 2mbps service & never had any probs..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Monty Cantsin

I ordered broadband + talk + line rental over the phone on July 27th. The sales guy told me it usually takes 14 working days to get connected, but that they were pretty busy at the moment, so to expect longer.

As it turns out, I received the modem on the 11th of August (15 days/9 working days), which was cool. Had a problem with my password - it wasn't set to what I had asked for over the phone, but a call to customer services sorted that out in a couple of minutes.

A letter with my Customer number arrived yesterday, allowing me to register for online billing. Balance is still €0.00. So much for being billed 2 months in advance...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Berger

God damn Esat.

Im just after being told that they cant re-test my line (Amber) until September 7th. This is after waiting for ~2 months for line tests and then being told that I can get bb, then I have to wait another age because they didnt have my contact details (you have my home number you tards), and a whole load of other bullsh*t. Is there anything I can do apart from emailing their complaints department again? My dad forwarded the email onto Comreg as well but Im not sure if they can actually do anything. This whole thing is really wrecking my head. Initially bb was ordered 15th of June :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭mag

Contact Bill Murphy, ive had a couple of issues with them which were dragging on for ages & when you contact him theyve been resolved within a day.

Got a phone call from an Eircom engineer this morning enquiring about my difficulty in getting broadband - BT must have passed on my details.
    He was out within an hour... tested the line, and installed a new cable box.
    I'm now officially good for broadband - now I've been on hold all day to BT trying to get them to send me out my modem!
    Nearly there.
    Just wondering, what else comes with the modem? (for the Plus package).
    Is there special BT software?
    Is the account name and password given?

mag wrote:
    Contact Bill Murphy, ive had a couple of issues with them which were dragging on for ages & when you contact him theyve been resolved within a day.

Would people stop suggesting an email to Bill Murphy as an answer!

He no longer works for BT Ireland.....the new ROI head is Mike Maloney, COO, BT Ireland.
    Find his email if you must....but please stop telling people that Bill Murphy will sort things out for them!!!

Actually Bill Murphy will sort it out - i just sent him a email today regarding a/c setup problem ive been having for weeks & it was resolved within the hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

whiskeyman wrote:
    Got a phone call from an Eircom engineer this morning enquiring about my difficulty in getting broadband - BT must have passed on my details.
    He was out within an hour... tested the line, and installed a new cable box.
    I'm now officially good for broadband - now I've been on hold all day to BT trying to get them to send me out my modem!
    Nearly there.
    Just wondering, what else comes with the modem? (for the Plus package).
    Is there special BT software?
    Is the account name and password given?
    Not a bad little bundle, you get BT software , norton av, a free web cam & software & a few filters...

mag wrote:
    Actually Bill Murphy will sort it out - i just sent him a email today regarding a/c setup problem ive been having for weeks & it was resolved within the hour.
    Bill Murphy, CEO of BT Ireland, in his last results announcement before he leaves BT Ireland on 1 July.
    http://www.enn.ie/news.html?code=9609311

Now unlike your arm or leg an email address dosent go with you wherever you may go...especially one from your former comapny.
    If Bill Murphy, former CEO of BT Ireland, responded or even read that email you sent....I'll rob a bank...!!!

I understand that you are probable too proud to admit you got it wrong...so your ignorance to this reply will be enough to admit your fault!

zuma wrote:
    Now unlike your arm or leg an email address dosent go with you wherever you may go...especially one from your former comapny.
    If Bill Murphy, former CEO of BT Ireland, responded or even read that email you sent....I'll rob a bank...!!!

I understand that you are probable too proud to admit you got it wrong...so your ignorance to this reply will be enough to admit your fault!

Listen, you ****ing idiot, he still works for BT!!
    Here is the exact email i recieved from him yesterday.
    No apology is necessary.

17/08/2005 12:45
    <bill.murphy@bt.com>
    To
    cc <doirin.stephens@bt.com>, <complaints@esat.com>, <pat.2.mccabe@bt.com>, <michael.maloney@bt.com>, <liza.smyth@bt.com>
    Subject Re: BT Broadband Plus Setup

Stephen

Thanbks for this and taking the time to write..... "Not good", apologies for this, Mike is now in charge and I am asking the team toi get back to you today

Rgds
    Bill
    Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless Handheld

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

mag wrote:
    Listen, you ****ing idiot, he still works for BT!!
    Here is the exact email i recieved from him yesterday.
    No apology is necessary.
    No need for the abusiveness. Nothing about that email suggests he still works in BT. If he helping you and doesn't work in BT anymore then he's just being a nice guy by contacting some old collegues.

Maybe he just has a heap of shares in BT.

Advertisement