Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Order... How much longer?!

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

mag wrote:
    Listen, you ****ing idiot, he still works for BT!!
    Here is the exact email i recieved from him yesterday.
    No apology is necessary.

17/08/2005 12:45
    <bill.murphy@bt.com>
    To
    cc <doirin.stephens@bt.com>, <complaints@esat.com>, <pat.2.mccabe@bt.com>, <michael.maloney@bt.com>, <liza.smyth@bt.com>
    Subject Re: BT Broadband Plus Setup

Stephen

Thanbks for this and taking the time to write..... "Not good", apologies for this, Mike is now in charge and I am asking the team toi get back to you today

Rgds
    Bill
    Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless Handheld

I am not going to lower myself to insulting you with curses....but honestly have you ever heard of "email" signatures.

I have given to third party proof that Bill Murphy is no longer an employee of BT Ireland and you retort by calling me a "Fúcking Idiot"!!!!

What more can I say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Bill Murphy still works in the BT group. Iirc he moved back to blighty to oversee business development or somesuch.

Zuma and mag, both cop on to yourselves or I'll be handing out bans. That means no insults, or condescending know-it-all attitudes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

God Bless Bill, he is still a gentleman.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

mag wrote:
    Listen, you ****ing idiot, he still works for BT!!

Tut tut.. not allowed here.
    Dont make the same mistake again or i'll set Moriarty on ya!! :mad:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Sponge Bob wrote:
    God Bless Bill, he is still a gentleman.

Pity he never sorted out the accounts Department!
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Berger

God bless Bill. I got my dad to email him today and he replied within a few hours saying the "team is on it" or something :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Simply question for you BT people:
    Expecting the modem package tomorrow.
    It's a wireless modem, right?
    Does a router come with it?
    Eh... me a newbie with this technology... bascially, does it come with everything I need? Do I need any other cables / routers etc??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

Its not wireless afaik. Mine wasn't anyway. It is a 4 way router though.And yes everything you need comes with it.Watch the set up instructions though the user names & passwords tend to be wrong..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

beller b wrote:
    Its not wireless afaik. Mine wasn't anyway. It is a 4 way router though.And yes everything you need comes with it.Watch the set up instructions though the user names & passwords tend to be wrong..
    thanks for that.
    Due to some odd wiring in my house, the Eircom engineer had to install a box in my hall with 2 outlets... one for phone and other for broadband.
    My PC is in a room around the corner... I presume I'm going to need an extention lead or cable it through into the room.
    Will a normal telephone extention cable do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

I made the initial order over a month ago, so i rang them yesterday and they said that they were waiting on eircom to get back to them or something vague like that and that they would ring me back in a couple of days. Now, on the btireland site, it says my order has been rejected. Is this just incompetence or would eircom have said my line is just too shoddy, should i try mailing 'bill' ?
    any tips for convincing bill to act on a request instead of fobbing you off ...

am seriously considering IBB now >_<

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

REJECTED normally means they want money off you up front but they are too stupid to explain this deposit policy properly or on their website , ring them back and tell us if thats what it was in the end, they will settle for an e50 deposit for 6 months .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Berger

whiskeyman wrote:
    thanks for that.
    Due to some odd wiring in my house, the Eircom engineer had to install a box in my hall with 2 outlets... one for phone and other for broadband.
    My PC is in a room around the corner... I presume I'm going to need an extention lead or cable it through into the room.
    Will a normal telephone extention cable do?

Yep a phone wire should be grand. Im in the same boat as you. Probably gonna need about a million metres of wire to get it to reach though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭mag

Berger wrote:
    God bless Bill. I got my dad to email him today and he replied within a few hours saying the "team is on it" or something :)

are you sure?
    i dont believe you ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Sarunas

whiskeyman wrote:
    Simply question for you BT people:
    Expecting the modem package tomorrow.
    It's a wireless modem, right?
    The one that I picked up on wednesday is a ZyXel Prestige 600. Its not wireless, and has an ethernet and usb port.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 DoctorChipolata

zuma wrote:
    But after having their service for 6months and getting probable the best value 2Mb bitst

I've just got it in Greystones. It took about 3 weeks after getting our new Eircom line, but they said that was how long it would take and in fairness the line went up for BB *before* they actually said it would, I was actually waiting for the kit to arrive.

Speedwise it beats our 4Mb Eircom at work - I get pings of 25-30 to UK-based game servers, downloads easily outstrip 200KB/s. Haven't had to deal with billnig dept or support yet but so far, sweet as ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Monty Cantsin

whiskeyman wrote:
    presume I'm going to need an extention lead or cable it through into the room. Will a normal telephone extention cable do?

Yep. I'm currently using a phone cable to run my BT modem upstairs where my 'puter is. No problems to report.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Splendid

So 2 months after applying and getting rejected 3 time (Once because of a deposit, twice because of Eircom procking around) i finally got the email to say my order was accepted, and it was grabage, whatever process they use to populate the template never ran and i was left with a load of headings and no details. On hold now to see what the story is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Sigh.

With BT about 2 years ago, waited about 12 weeks to get setup then, and spent countless time onto their fantastic customer supprt :rolleyes:. Then moved to a rented house for 12 months, and had NTL's top package, which was incredible.

Now moved permanently to a location where I can't get NTL, and the only VIABLE options are Eircom/BT, so I chose BT as Eircon is insanely expensive. They conveniently misplaced and have no record of our order form, or so they told us when we called to check the status. What a delightful shower of... Setting an ultimatum, either they have us set up within the next working week or they lose our custom (we were having our phones etc from them too, so they'll lose a fair whack).

Tits!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    Setting an ultimatum, either they have us set up within the next working week or they lose our custom (we were having our phones etc from them too, so they'll lose a fair whack).

I did this free router (Had crap bridge modem thing, router then became standard) or I leave (had phone etc.) I since left as 50 Euro was more important to them than my custom! I then had no choice but to go to NTL. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

Sponge Bob wrote:
    REJECTED normally means they want money off you up front but they are too stupid to explain this deposit policy properly or on their website , ring them back and tell us if thats what it was in the end, they will settle for an e50 deposit for 6 months .

I specifically asked the guy on the phone if it could be a deposit issue, he seemed pretty adamant it wasn't, as it hadn't even got to that stage yet. He said it came back from eircom rejected and he was in the dark as to why, all he could do was resubmit my application to eircom ...fingers crossed :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement