Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stem adapter

Options
  • 15-08-2005 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭

I have a wee problem with the handle bar height on my road bike. They're not high enough, and they can't be made to go high enough with the current stem (it's not long enough). The bike has a regular threaded headset and drop handle bars, and before I look into replacing the whole stem, I thought I'd ask here what people thought of "stem adapters", E.G.: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=3970

Is this something that would solve my problem? I *think* it is, but I'm new to all of this and not really very sure on all the technical terms and jargon. Am I right in thinking that the above adapter sits between the stem and the top of the headset effectively lengthening the stem?
    If this isn't a runner, do I have any other options? Any help appreciated, I'm starting to get a sore neck from hunching down over the bars :(

Cheers,
    Cian

Comments

Advertisement