Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sweaty Hands

• 15-08-2005 2:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭

Is there any cure for sweaty hands!! Its really embarrassing for me to shake hands with anyone cause by hands are dripping wet with sweat.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Gloves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭bullock

Thats not funny. Is there any cure for it anyone ... help the poor guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Go talk to you Dr,
    this could be caused by a lot of things from diet, neverousness to
    malfunctioning sweat glads.
    Your Dr will have the best info and advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I have the same problem. You can see some of the suggestions I got here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=249984

You can get Drysol at any pharmacy. I don't use it often, just when I know there is an event coming up where I might have to shake people's hands. Helps a bit, but not 100%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 whosthatmammal

yeah i got sweaty handies really bad, used to be really conscious about it when i was younger, but now i dont really care. its just something about your body that you have to get used to. and as well met alot of other people who have sweaty hands as well. aparently you can get an operation to cut your sweat glands to your hands or anywhere really, but do you really care that much??
    the anti-persperant stuff meantioned above doesnt really work all that well. I find as well that the more i used to think about it, the worse it got.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

It's called hyperhidrosis a friend of mine has had it for years and years, and tried several things, but nothing has really worked...she just carries tissues with her wherever she goes. Try google-ing it though, you might find something she hasn't.

Just means you're hot stuff :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Maynooth

Drysol works if your condition isn't too bad. My hands were quite sweaty and it really worked well for me.

Advertisement