Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flat pack kitchen

Options
  • 15-08-2005 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭

For a change I'm not looking for something but I've something useful to tell.

NoyeksNewmans in Ballymount, Finglas, Ennis and Tralee are by far the cheapest I found.
    I went to Ballymount for mine ( tralee's list prices are higher)
    I went in and said what i wanted to do. THey told me what i needed and then gave me a quote. With very little haggling I got a good cut of thew price. Also free delivery to Sallins

There is a lot of DIY involved and they charge for drilling the doors etc but I'n pleased. Looked like they had other nice stuff too but i wasn't interested.

As for B&Q they know how to charge

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Rubens

Hi,

Do you reckon the cabinets are cheaper than B&Q?

For example B&Q have a double base cabinet 1000mm including screws,hinges,adjustable legs, pre-drilled holes for 65euro which I thought was a good price. Must check out the place you went to..

RJ

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭narommy

Didn't get any of those and the discount made it hard to follow but i definitely did well. Looking at (ivory pvc) doors the list prices were cheaper. Fairly sure that cherry was cheaper too. Then I got a discount.

Got a rough quote of 2600 for carcases and doors and worktop. Then he sat down and added in the hinges, pelmet, screws, silicone, edging, extractor. Just about everything and then gave a discount and it came in at 2109

I don't think they have CAD or anything like that so you're on your own for designing and spotting the problems with your plans but we're doing okay. It is probablw work paying to get the doors drilled unless you have a bench drill etc,

I didn't research very well. Cash and Carry were closed and went over to B&Q and they were dearer so went with these guys cos we had the price list from tralee (which was more expensive)

I never checked but i doubt that you get a discount from B&Q, no idea.

Bought anything else i needed from a local hardware store and they are cheaper and give better advice than my local big hardware stores

Bought some nice tiles from B&Q though and their tile cutter looked reasonable priced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Rubens

Hi,

Definitely agree that B&Q doors and worktops are expensive but their units as I said are quite good value.

Good luck with the install!!!

RJ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

You can get B&Q base units and put Noyeks doors on them. I got a very good deal on a worktop in Noyeks Finglas. They usually have worktops that are damaged and really cheap. I paid €20 for a 12 foot worktop. I just measured the undamaged parts on either end and it was long enough for what I needed.

Advertisement