Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pinball in cork?

Options
  • 15-08-2005 2:35pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Random question I know, but recently I've been getting the itch to play pinball again and I don't know anywhere in Cork that has any machines, much less decent ones. Anyone know of any? Preferably in the city....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Did you try the Vic :rolleyes: Also try the arcades along MaCurtain street or maybe there is even one in the Col.

How old do i feel

Nukem

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Nukem wrote:
    Did you try the Vic :rolleyes: Also try the arcades along MaCurtain street or maybe there is even one in the Col.

How old do i feel

Nukem

Have to admit, I haven't looked anywhere yet. Was hoping to avoid the Vic on the basis that I'd like my pinball sessions to come without a complimentary glassing. Will have a wander round MacCurtain Street tomorrow after work and have a look. Hell, I'll even venture into the bloody LeisurePlex (*shudder*) if there's a chance of a decent machine in there...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

chances are the machines in the leisureplex are awfully sticky and tinted a funny colour by now from repeated vomit soakings.

There's a few arcades / slot machine emporia around the place, I'm sure if you trawled the city you'll find one to your liking. I think there's one down the side of Lavitts Quay, next to where PC Superstore used to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Pinball Ireland

Hi Guys,

I'm new to this forum.

I know this is an old post but what the hell!!

I have sold pinballs to people in Cork but they are all private buyers.

I own approx 20 pinballs at any time so if you fancy playing a couple of games of pinball sometime then drop me an email. I'm based in Co. Limerick by the way.

Cheers,

Andy

• Registered Users Posts: 10 OldSkoolRetro

Hi Guys,
    I'm normally an arcade game fanatic, but lately I'm getting the pinball bug again (I mean again, cos I used to play them back in the eighties).

Was recently on holidays in France and the place we stayed had a kids arcade with Theatre of Magic, Attach from Mars, and Indiana Jones. Had a fantastic time playing them.

Also came across a Simsons pinball, a CSI, and a Big Buck Hunter today after a visit to Tramore in Waterford.

Absolutely loved Theatre of Magic and Indiana Jones. Would love to have a go off Adams Family, Medieval Madness, or Twilight Zone, if anyone knows of a spot that has them.

Oh, am tempted to pick up a pinball, but 2 things put me off...price, and restoring/servicing them. I'm sure I could manage to replace a part like-for-like, but I can only imaging that troubleshooting a difficult problem would be extremely frustrating for a pinball novice.

• Advertisement
Advertisement