Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non-alcoholic beer

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Nobodythere- if your choice of non-alco beer tastes too mild, try adding a bit of tonic water.

Alco-free Erdinger is probably your best bet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Paulander also sells a non-alcoholic weis bier, that in my opinion is marginally better than Erdinger. You can buy it in Dunnes Stores. When I was last in Berlin at the Marathon expo, there were loads of non-alcoholic beers available, which were delish. Sadly they don't seem to export them to Ireland though.

Berlin marathon actually hands out pints of non-alcoholic Erdinger at the end of the race, as a recovery drink. Of course as soon as you get out of the finish area, you start hitting the real stuff. :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,903 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Did you entertain the possibility that he doesn't have a sister???
    I'd rather entertain the sister.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,903 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

There are several ways of removing alcohol after the brewing process. You can vacuum evaporate it off or you can remove it with enzymes. Neither process removes the higher alcohols or fusel oils that contribute in part to hangovers. :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Working in a pub we sometimes give other staff members Becks N/A without telling them and watch them get steadily "drunker". Becks N/A has a real awful smell to it though so I was topping a bit of draught lager into it try and hide it.

It's always a good laugh when you confess to the person though. :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement