Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halal Restaurants in Dublin

• 15-08-2005 3:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I been a Muslim, it's sometimes had to find a restaurant in the City Centre for where I can eat halal Meat. I now of one or two, but none near Grafton Street, Trinity, O'Connell Street.

Currently I know of one:

Zaytoon Persian Cuisine Near Dublin City Town Hall. (It's just of Dame Street)

If anyone else could add tot his list it'd be helpful, Shukran. ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

There's two Poppadom restaurants that I know of but don't know locations because I've just been there with my parents whenever we go to Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

There's always the Chicken Hut on Clanbrassil Street, their motto is "Fresh and Hallal". There's a good few Hallal stores along there so I'm sure there must be a restaurant or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Thanks guys, Where is clanbrassil street exactly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Pretor

well theres a few in the city centre and when ur a muslim studying in dub u kinda get sick of vegetarian meals

Iskanders- templebar/dame street opposite the central bank plaza
    Alanya- across the street from iskanders and beside the bank building
    MoMo's- on camden st or Richmond st, not sure only went there once wit a friend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,318 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Shrimp wrote:
    I been a Muslim sometimes
    Are you a christian the rest of the times?

• Advertisement

OfflerCrocGod, Very Funny, sorry my punctuation was a little off.

Thanks Pretor, but I am not sure about Iskander's.. I don't think it's halal.. I'll try Alanya. There's also a new deli called Le Boulangerie, which is all halal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

surly edit the original post so it makes sense then...

i have

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

WRONG

it should read "I, being a Muslim, sometimes..."

Does it really matter, no not at all..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

If you look like remotely like a student, you could always sneak into RCSI's canteen! Must be dearest student canteen in the country but it's all halal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭r3boot

sultaans, sufi's and the pizza shop next to it.
    also shalimar (cough ripoff /cough) and nagina tandoori as well as cafe 20 .

Clanbrassil street, head down Dame street coming from Trinity and when it gets to the end go past Durys and take that left. Follow the road for about 5 mins by car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

r3boot wrote:
    sultaans, sufi's and the pizza shop next to it.
    also shalimar (cough ripoff /cough) and nagina tandoori as well as cafe 20 .
    Shalimar is a rip off alright... Nagina across the road is about €5 cheaper for everything and for much nicer food too.

Is El Bahia across from Tower Records Halal? It seems to be run by muslims anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

I love Sufis. Been going there since I was a youngster(in my 20s!). The Bino Rice is lovely and the coffee is pretty good.

theres alot more than I thought actually thanks guys. But could you put the name of the street beside the shop. Thanks FX.

You mean American style? Give me a day or two till I'm passing by that way again.

Also theres ricks next to iskanders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

rumors are that zaytoon is not halal,

some other places are good and halal.
    shalimar indian rest in georges street
    shalimar grill/asian fusion/soup and noodles in epiqurien food hall(it might be spelt wrong)
    also takeaway in shankill called letseat in is also all halal

this might be some help.
    if you have any other question please pm me and i can help as my dad opened the 1st halal restaurant in ireland.so i should be of some help

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Nevada

McDonalds do a Halal Happy Meal I believe

• Advertisement

monkey fudge you are abit wrong, it doesnot have nice food. u donot know what goes in there food and i really donot want to tell you. i know the owner of the place.

they use the cheapest foods where as in shalimar its a different class with top chefs from india and they use very expensive fresh irish chicken.

anyway its peoples own choices. so if u like crap cheap food then good luck.
    also shalimar lunch is only 10 yoyos.
    i have eatin there many times and its great and fresh.you have to eat it to believe it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭kstanl

Sultan on George's Street, to the best of my knowledge, is not Halal. At any rate I would steer well clear of it because I got food poisoning from there :(

sultan is halal. but thats bad luck that u got food poisoning.

Sultaan was the first first hallal restraunt in Dublin at the time it was called golden flame, next came abu-ali's tandoori on clanbrassel street and iskanders and the rest of them.

I've never had a problem with sultaans food but I keep reeding the N as an R ?!?!

no actually u are wrong there. the 1st halal rest was shalimar opposite sultans.i am not arguing but just making my point.

sultans is nice but i loce the iskanders food.its beautiful and fresh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

You've obviously never been there at 4AM on a Sunday morning when they just throw crap food at people to get them in and out as fast as they can.

Shrimp wrote:
    theres alot more than I thought actually thanks guys. But could you put the name of the street beside the shop. Thanks FX.
    Clanbrassil Street and South Circular Road. Loads of Halal eateries and stores around there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

Ok, I've listed all the placed mentioned so far in this thread. Can everyone confirm if they are all Halal and tell me the locations of the ones with the ???

- Zaytoon Persian Cuisine Near Dublin City Town Hall. (It's just of Dame Street)
    - Chicken Hut, Clanbrassil Street
    - Iskanders- Temple Bar/dame street opposite the central bank plaza
    - Alanya, across the street from iskanders and beside the bank building
    - MoMo's, Camden St/Richmond St
    - Le Boulangerie, ???
    - Sultans, George's Street
    - Sufi's and the pizza shop next to it, ???
    - Shalimar, Georges Street
    - Nagina Tandoori, ???
    - Cafe 20, ???
    - Shalimar Grill, Epicurean Food Hall, Lr. Liffey St., Dublin 1.
    - Asian Fusion, Epicurean Food Hall, Lr. Liffey St., Dublin 1.
    - Soup and Noodles, Epicurean Food Hall, Lr. Liffey St., Dublin 1.
    - Lets Eat In, Shankhill

hi that list is halal
    my dad owns the following places so i am 120% sure there halal.
    really check out lets eat in in shankill its beautiful as its got hala thai,indian, italian and also chinese food.

Shalimar, Georges Street
    - Shalimar Grill, Epicurean Food Hall, Lr. Liffey St., Dublin 1.
    - Asian Fusion, Epicurean Food Hall, Lr. Liffey St., Dublin 1.
    - Soup and Noodles, Epicurean Food Hall, Lr. Liffey St., Dublin 1.
    - Lets Eat In, Shankhill

if anyones got any questions about halal food pm me as i should have the answers and if not i can ask my dad. he knows all the people who sell hala nd he knows some that say they sell halal but donot.i think thats a scam to make money by saying its hala and its not but what can we do to stop them

Nothing:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 farah

can someone please tell me where i can get halal meat from in west dublin.

Advertisement