Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halal Restaurants in Dublin

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Go to the mosque in Clonskeagh and you can buy halal stuff, and there's a restaurant there - very nice. Mix of North African and Middle Eastern and Indian kind of dishes, and lovely hummous and stuffed vine leaves and tabbouleh and things that you can buy to take away.

This is not in the city centre. *But* I suspect that if you get chatting to the guys who serve there, they'll be able to tell you where's genuinely halal and good in the city centre.

Oh, and a quick google of halal food dublin came up with this list:

http://jamaats.mumineen.org/ireland/HalalShops.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭phoenix2181

correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the Quran say

"Today, all good food is made lawful for you. The food of the people of the scripture (Jews & Christians) is LAWFUL (HALAL) for you......" 5:5

"You shall eat from that upon which God's name has been pronounced, if you truly believe in His revelation." 6:118

"Why should you NOT eat from that upon which God's name has been mentioned ? He has DETAILED for you what is prohibited for you, unless you are forced. Indeed, many people mislead others with their personal opinions, without knowledge. Your Lord is fully aware of the transgressors." 6:119

so you can eat any meat then Shrimp as long you mention his name before eating therefore making the meet Halal??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 salekul

Hello,

I am going to Dublin in few days. I will stay at Clontarf Castle Hotel, Castle Avenue, Clontarf, Dublin 3. Is there any halal restarurant close to this place? I may also order food for delivery.

Thanks.

Salekul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 visitor

Salaam everyone,

I am from NYC and will be here for few more weeks and was wondering if someone can provide desi restaurants name and address around city center.

I see so many restaurants providing halal food but does meat come from reliable stores? ........In NY there are so many restaurants serve food with halal signs but meat is not really dhabiha and when asked they would say meat we buy from people of the book (Jews and Christians) so it is halal.

I am pretty sure desi restaurants would not do it but just to be on the safe side.

Thanks in advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 visitor

correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the Quran say

"Today, all good food is made lawful for you. The food of the people of the scripture (Jews & Christians) is LAWFUL (HALAL) for you......" 5:5

"You shall eat from that upon which God's name has been pronounced, if you truly believe in His revelation." 6:118

"Why should you NOT eat from that upon which God's name has been mentioned ? He has DETAILED for you what is prohibited for you, unless you are forced. Indeed, many people mislead others with their personal opinions, without knowledge. Your Lord is fully aware of the transgressors." 6:119

so you can eat any meat then Shrimp as long you mention his name before eating therefore making the meet Halal??

It is true what is said in this ayahs...However you need to make things clear about jews and christians; Couple of questions to clarify;
    1) Do you think all christians mention name of GOD before they slaughter animal?
    2) Do Jews mention name of God on each animal?
    What I know from Jews Rabaai perspective they don't have to mention name of God on each and every animal as long as it is mentioned on the first and the last one it would be sufficient for all.

Is anyone have any other perspective so I could learn?

GOD KNOWS BEST

Thanks,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 BADERANOL

Salam,

hi guyes just like ur discussion and i'd like to add my opinion and clarify my queries first of all Sultan sales bad food don't even care about the muslims, Iskander one of the brother who work in a halal resturant (Punjab, In ranelagh )
    told me there is a doubt it,Iskander, so just would like to tell u.

And about Zaytoon man could anyone of u tell me if he sure sbout zaytoon is halal caz i've been living in dublin for 4 years and i doubt that this restu. is halal please anyone tell me if he sure 100%

thanx bothers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

BADERANOL wrote: »
    Salam,

hi guyes just like ur discussion and i'd like to add my opinion and clarify my queries first of all Sultan sales bad food don't even care about the muslims, Iskander one of the brother who work in a halal resturant (Punjab, In ranelagh )
    told me there is a doubt it,Iskander, so just would like to tell u.

And about Zaytoon man could anyone of u tell me if he sure sbout zaytoon is halal caz i've been living in dublin for 4 years and i doubt that this restu. is halal please anyone tell me if he sure 100%

thanx bothers

No Irish suppliers supply's zaytoon so there is doubt.I have heard that its not halal.Iskanders is definitely halal as its being supplied by irelands main halal supplier.Its 110% halal.

Advertisement