Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best cackle in a rock song?

Options
  • 15-08-2005 3:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭

This might be an unusual thread but i think its justified, as the 'evil cackle' in metal is a widely used, if underrated, part of a metal song. Why, a well executed 'NYAH HA HA HA!!' can be jsut as good as any solo. I think the best evil cackle is in caught somewhere in time by iron maiden 'youve only got your soulllll to lose, eternally! HEH HEH HEH!!! just let yourself goooooo!'. Theres another classic cackle in a g'n'r song on appetite for destruction, but the name escapes me at the moment. Whats your facourite cackle?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

Joe Satriani - Big Bad Moon ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Iron Maiden- Moonchild, at the end of the song.

Nice megalomaniacal evil ring to it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Kill With Power - Manowar

In one of the choruses, instead of 'Die, die' he just cackles.

/Did I just reply to 'the best cackle in metal' thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

One of the versions of Witches by Inkubus Sukkubus has a great one, but one of the versions has a very weak one. I can't recall which album has which.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

The ones at the end of Master Of Puppets are good aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Mine would be the cackle at the end of Thriller.

Is that acceptable?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

several times in motorhead-the game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Gross Halfwit

several times in motorhead-the game

Agree.

But also the cackle at the start of Sexual Thing by Poison is pretty good. Ok its not evil per se but its got a sinister edge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭eyebrows

the one in 'Run with the devil' by 'Gun' (I think is the song, long time since i heard it) is the best by far.

goes on for ages. Love it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

Has to be in 'Allehelgens Dod I Helveds Rike' by Dimmu Borgir. On one of the pre-choruses, there's a nice maniacal torrent of laughter. *Claps* !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,586 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

The growl in the middle of Infinite Dreams and "Aces HiiiIIIIIGGHHH-A-I-A-I-A-I-AGH" at the end of Aces High by maiden. Also, bark at the moon by ozzy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

Is that acceptable?

here here..

Ahahahahahahahaha....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

Slayer - Die by the sword... not much of a cackle but its still good n evil :D o and the start of crazy train after the 'all aboard' part

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

There's a damn good cackle at the start of "Lucretia" by Megadeth, as far as I can remember. Or maybe you could count the laughing at the end of Master Of Puppets...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

hmmm there's some big evil cackle in an exodus song i'll try go and find the name of it......

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

would the mad laugh at the start of Anthrax's Madhouse count?

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭bingo9999

Actually that laugh at the start of madhouse is really cool! Funny and cool! I think the laughing in the virus of life (i think, maybe im wrong) by Slipknot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

There's a damn good cackle at the start of "Lucretia" by Megadeth, as far as I can remember. Or maybe you could count the laughing at the end of Master Of Puppets...

Great song, but I always thought the Cackle was a bit weak.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

Clearly it's:

Sex Pistols - Anarchy in the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Is that acceptable?
    Seconded... and the voice

• Advertisement
Advertisement